Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
tfs stage 2 cam good choice for blown 358

Thread: tfs stage 2 cam good choice for blown 358

SCH Member

tfs stage 2 cam good choice for blown 358

How do you think this cam would work in a 358 windsor with a T-trim. I have heard its a good blower cam but is it to small for a 358?

Senior SCH Member
    I know a guy that made 640 with a stock lightning short block, renegade TFS heads, holley intake, driver side novi with 18#'s and that cam. Car has excellent street manners.

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

It's a good cam for the money. I have had great success with it with my 347. It will definitely work, but you might want something a little bigger for the 358.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

91, I strongly reccomend the Comp 282 HR extreme energy cam for your combo. what are your head and intake choices?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Yes it definitely would work.
    No it is definitely not too small.
    Yes a custom cam might do a little better.

:)
    Chris

SCH Member
    Well Im on a tight budget right now so for the price I was thinking it or the stage 3. You think it would work? Only bad thing is its on a 110. This is a blowthru though. Heads are tfs Rs and a victor jr intake. thanks

I realize I'm not like everyone else, but I would want something better suited than a cheap shelf cam for a racy t-trim + TFR-R combo like you've listed.

I would try to get hold of a technical director (vs. a phone droid) at Lunati, Crane etc. and inquire about a proper 358ci + 14+ psi blower cam, I'll wager they might recommend something very much unlike either of the TFS shelf cams. Try to get hold of Harold Brookshire at Lunati, he'll steer you right. You might want to consider a flat tappet cam instead of a hydraulic roller if money is an issue, everything from the cam out to the valvesprings is going to be cheaper to buy and maintain.
    Chris

SCH Member
    I'd listen to Brett and slap the comp in.

SCH Member
    Im thinking about putting a small solid roller in it now. The comp XR280R 242/248 608/614 on a 110. How much do you think that 110 will hurt it?

That is music to the ears. It's difficult to spec a cam without knowing things like compression ratio, header size, weight, stick or auto, yada yada. Comp will grind those lobes on any LSA you want them to BTW. Might go with that lobe package with a 112 LSA - a friend of mine has a similar combo, getting very close to running a 10-flat or 9.99 at 136 mph at 3400 pounds, we figure it's making @ 670 on the race fuel.
    Chris