Thread: question about a R and T trim

Junior SCH Member

question about a R and T trim

From what I gather from other posts, I should be able to use my r trim brackets and put a t trim head unit on. Correct?

I have an opertunity to get a T and was thinking about getting rid of my r. Do you think the is a good idea? Will the t give me a little more power?

What is an ideal price for a used R trim head? This thing was just serviced by vortech less than 3k miles ago. I have all the paper work on it. It cost me like $650 for the rebuild. What is a good price?

Senior SCH Member
    The T-Trim is the best of both the S and R Trims. It gives the low rpm boost of the S and the almost all the high rpm boost of the R. Although I really think it depends on your combo some also. My car was really torque for having a R-Trim on it. I'll see how it is now when I'm done with the motor rebuild and HeadCam upgrade. I'll also have R compressor map up soon. here is the T-Trim compared to the S-Trim.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...-trim_map.html

Junior SCH Member
    Cool thanks for the info. I was also told from vortech the the t will boost a little higher all together than the R. What I mean is it will have a higher boost reading if i use the same pulleys as I did on the R