Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My car vids

My car vids

Wow! thats a pretty awesome car. What was the swap like? Wasn't it kind of hard to find LS1 stuff over there?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Swap wasnt too bad. Had a few issues with exhaust manifolds/headers, but otherwise not bad.
    Old engine was a twin turbo Rover V8, which was pretty crap by comparison. But both externally are very similar in size, which helped. The T56 is bigger then the Supra 5speed I had been using. But luckily enough trans tunnel mods I did to make it fit left me enough room for the T56 too.
    Probably the biggest headache was getting a decent driveshaft...

I had to source pretty much everything from the US, which is a pain. I have a few guys who get me stuff pretty quick when needed now, and Ive built up a collection of spares.

All I need now is to get into the 10's and I'll be very happy.

Get some sticky tires and a good track and you should easily be in the 10's.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I was kinda hopin the Nittos would have been good enough !!! I do need to get to a proper drag strip though, and practise my launches, and shifting at different rpm's etc

The 245/50x16 Nittos are almost too big already and do foul slightly over bumps, so any future tyre purchase will need to be same size, or smaller, and of course road legal.

I was also shifting at around 6000rpm on all my runs. It just feels a good place to shift, but its maybe not actually the bst rpm to shift at.

I see plenty of other guys revving to 6500rpm. My cam is a 230/236 on 112LSA, so should rev happily to 6500rpm.
    I only got about 6-7 runs that day, and didnt really try experimenting too much.

I was considering lowering the gearing from my current 3.27, but I think I'll stick with it now. I was crossing the line, just a bit shy of 6000rpm in 4th.

Look at the MT DR. By far a much better tire. You will go through the tread a lot faster though. I have a buddy that had some 1.6x 60' on the 17" MT DR on an 03 Cobra. :shocked:
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I was hoping for maybe 1.8s 60fts.

Mate who has the black Viper was there that day too. He had like 335 BFG DR's, I think his best was 1.9s.
    Again, he didnt get very many runs, and he's a bit gay when it comes to driving hard. He still ran a 10.7 @ 137. His best terminal was 146mph !! then again, he does have over 900rwhp.

Few more recent videos :D
    11.177 @ 130.33 Avon Park, nice grippy track ( for the UK )
    http://media.putfile.com/stevieturbo1117Avon

11.63 @ 133.1 different track. Old airfield, very poor grip.
    http://media.putfile.com/Crail1163133

http://media.putfile.com/CrailStevieturbovsFocusracecar

Is it me or are you sitting on the wrong side of the car??:shocked:

The first video, the car gets going pretty good. What tires are you running again?

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Im on the RIGHT side of course ;)

Nitto 555R 245/50x16. It does look good, but 60ft was only 1.935.
    Still room for improvement I think ?

Why not run a little wider tire and get a Drag radial. That will definitly help out a lot.

The MT DR are great for traction! These would help you 60' a few tenths easily.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

My road tyres are 245/45x16, which fit perfectly.
    The 245/50x16 Nittos are too big, and do foul slightly. They are as big as I can fit, and I'm not altering the bodywork any.

The Nitto is classed as a DR is it not ? I chose it, as I intended to drive to the events on it, as I didnt want the hassle of carrying wheels to and from events. The Nittos would work better than road tyres, but still give me some milage.

While strictly speaking any of the DR's are not road legal here, most events to allow DOT approved tyres. However, I always intend to run my car as a 100% road legal car whilst racing. So the likes of ET-streets are definately out.

I did consider the BF DR, but at either 225, or 255, I went for the Nitto. 255 will definately not fit.

So would a 225/50 BF DR be better than a 245/50 Nitto ? Are the MT DR's available in my size ? They would need to be the MT Street drag version I think.

The BFG DR will defintly be much better than the current 555R Nitto you have. The next best would the Mickey Thompson DR.

These are all DOT approved here in the states as they have tread and are steel belted radials.

The BFG will get more tread life as opposed to the MT DR.

Is the height the issue of a tire or is it width. Or both. Do you have room for a wider tire or taller tire?

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Both. I cant go any wider or taller.

I could probably get a pair of 15" rims made, which would open up tyre options, but I dont want that expense or hassle.
    Just checking online, the MT DR is only listed in 255/50x16, so its a no go.

Cant seem to get access to the BF site at the minute. But from memory, my only option there was the 225/50x16, which again, would fit perfectly.
    I am quite pleased with the Nitto. I know my ET's are traction limited, so while I want faster ET's I'd prefer to aim for higher trap speeds and more power. If I can get to a point where I can go to most tracks, and safely run 10's, and pull 140+ terminals, I'll be happy at that. I cant keep spending money on the car.
    If I really wanted it to go a lot faster over the 1/4, I'd just stick an automatic into it, but I dont want that.

Here is what I'd get if you nned that size.

Hoosier makes a 225/50 16 which would work and work great. Here is the site.

www.hoosiertire.com
    Called DOT dag radial.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'