Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My car vids

Dont suppose you have an actual measurement for width of a 255/50x16 tyre fitted to an 8" rim ?

My Nitto's 245/50x16 measure at the widest part ( ie sidewall ) is about 10 1/4"
    I had a look, and if I really had to, I could probably modify my inner arch to accomodate a slightly larger tyre, and move the wheel inwards so as not to foul the outer wheel arch.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieturbo
    Dont suppose you have an actual measurement for width of a 255/50x16 tyre fitted to an 8" rim ?

My Nitto's 245/50x16 measure at the widest part ( ie sidewall ) is about 10 1/4"
    I had a look, and if I really had to, I could probably modify my inner arch to accomodate a slightly larger tyre, and move the wheel inwards so as not to foul the outer wheel arch.
    It all varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. In theroy a 255 would only be 1/3" wider than a 245. You;ll have to see what the mfg. states as width on a rim vs another company.
    Some tires run larger or smaller than others for a given size. You'll have to check the manufactures sites.

Like on my car I run a 315/35 17 Nitto DR vs the BFG since it is about a 1/2 narrower and wanted it to fit on my car. The BFG would have rubbed while the nitto works fine.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D