Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
tock HO cam, or Cobra cam with boost?

Thread: tock HO cam, or Cobra cam with boost?

Senior SCH Member

Stock HO cam, or Cobra cam with boost?

What would work better with my setup? A stock HO cam, or the Cobra cam, 1.7rr's would be used. It'll be in a 306, ported GT40 irons, ported GT40 manifold, NOVI1000 ~9psi. Which cam would yield more power gains?

*I kant speel
    Last edited by Krwy; 08-08-2005 at 11:00 PM.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Please refresh my memory because I thought the HO and Cobra cam was the same it was just the lift of the 1.7 rockers that made a difference. If you have the Specs on the Cobra cam if it is different I would like to see them. Thanks

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    The stock HO cam with 1.7s is a better performance grind than the Cobra setup.

Anything with at least 212 to 218 @ .050 duration with 112-114 LSA, plus right around .5" lift is going to blow away either of those oem grinds in your combo.
    Chris

Senior SCH Member
    I want +430rwhp, so I'm going with a custom cam. But I should meet my goal I'm hoping. Exhaust ported GT40 heads, intake matched to 1250, 1250 ported GT40, 9psi, 306, custom cam. Let's hope I get there.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net