Thread: 10-12 rib belts/pulleys???

blown5oh

12 rib belts/pulleys for the 1k???

OK, I'm trying to think of different things to try to help w/ my belt slip and throwing problem......since I don't want to over crank the tensioner. I've got the 2 belt novi 1k (about 2 yrs old)....so I think I have the 10 rib already, no?

Has anyone upgraded to a higher rib belt/pulley combo? Does one exist for our novi 1k, or does someone other than paxton make something that'll work.
    Last edited by blown5oh; 08-11-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blown5oh
    OK, I'm trying to think of different things to try to help w/ my belt slip and throwing problem......since I don't want to over crank the tensioner. I've got the 2 belt novi 1k (about 2 yrs old)....so I think I have the 10 rib already, no?

Has anyone upgraded to a higher rib belt/pulley combo? Does one exist for our novi 1k, or does someone other than paxton make something that'll work.
    i use 59 inch belt, 8 rib, and and lower the tensioner to the lower hole on bracket.have to grind down two heads on 9/16 bolts and i do not use washers on them. so it clears belt.the belt is new from napp auto parts. with a click type toque to 100ft this has more belt wrap with this belt set up. and has worked good for me at 15-16 psi. novi88

blown5oh
    Cool. I heard that drilling holes through the pulleys keep the belt from slipping......not sure how that works, but it's something I heard.

blown5oh
    I checked, and I have an 8 rib. Is stepping up to a 10 rib even possible? I would think this would help me more and would be better for the head unit and the crank, torquing the hell out of the tensioner.