Thread: D1-SC problems

D1-SC problems

I decided to play with the car today. I was going to make some new tubing for my intake from the intercooler to the t-body. I no longer need my maf meter because I'll be running speed density with the AEM. Well anyways to make a long story short I pulled the tubing off the intercooler and guess what came out..........no not mini me....oil. I was like crap there is only 1 place that is coming from, my true love in life the D1-SC. Soooooooo I take the blower off the car and decide to drain the oil, guess what comes out. Silver paint, no wait that is oil with a **** load of metal in it. The drain plug magnet has small silver nuggets on it also. Mined you this blower was just rebuilt for the second time for a total failure. Now it was just rebuilt in October by procharger and I have driven the car 3 times and a total of 40 miles. I call bullshit.

I am trying not to bash anyone here but WTF? I spent alot of money on this thing and it has given me nothing but problems. I'm at the point of selling everything!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not see spending alot of money on crap anymore. I love cars but this just plain out SUCKS. If I lived in Kansas there would be hell to pay right now. Hell I am on vacation this week, I may go on a little trip.......watch the news. .........AWwwwww forget it I'm just going to drink some beers instead : :
    Last edited by sneakypony; 08-13-2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Senior SCH Member
    buy my Novi 2k and never look back!
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

lol....chris
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

SCH Member
    Is there any possibilty that the oil in the I/C tubing is from your PCV system?

As far as the silver stuff in the blower oil goes, some metal is normal. That's why they suggest changing it after the first 500 miles.

I don't run a pvc system so I am positive it is from the blower.

There was also pieces of metal on the drain plug magnet, some how I don't think that is normal. I can see there being a little silver in the oil but now as much as I have in there and it has only gone 40 miles.
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Ok I talked to procharger and they said metal in the oile and on the drain plug is normal during break in. I told hime there was alot of metal and pieces on the drain plug and I was told not to worry about it and to just run it. I attached some pics and wanted some opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Senior SCH Member
    Back when I ran the P1SC, I changed the oil once and it came out looking just like it went in. That green color.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    That does seem to be a little bit excessive, but I'd give it a little more time and another oil change. just my .02

I really do apreciate everyones 2 cents.

Thanks

Scott

Chris you still have that novi?.....lol
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Ok, after sending the head unit in it looks like one of the cases of my blower was defective and causing a miss alignment. James at procharger called me yesterday and gave me the run down on what happened and even had an engineer involved in the repair. James apologized and also thanked me for my patients while they figured out what was going on with this blower. I have to admit their customer service is great to deal with.They once again stepped up and took care of the problem.

I also want to Thank Brad Edington and Tony(1quick95) for their help with this situation. I owe them both alot.

So now to put it on and try to get my magic 140 mph time slip I have been shooting for....................... :p
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer