Thread: wow, there havent been a-trim threads sicne last year...s-trim q's

wow, there havent been a-trim threads sicne last year...s-trim q's

mabey one of you guys can help me out here. i heard the story about trading in the a-trim & stepping up to a s-trim for $600. how much truth is in this? whats involved? what do i do?
    i sold my 93 gt paxton s.c.'d stang last year & have missed it ever since. i purchased another one recently with an a-trim on it & would like to step up to the s-trim if its not rediculously exspensice to do so.....
    any suggestions/opinions appreciated!

-justin
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

Senior SCH Member
    sell your a-trim and just buy my novi 2k.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

lol
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Well, if your s-trim is less than $600 & you don't have any bearing/shaft play or major wear signs........otherwise the trade in + $600 is a much better deal.....
    Anyone else here that possibly had an a-trim that traded in for an s? Id like to hear more about it
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

Junior SCH Member
    Vortech explains the upgrade procedure on there web site, not sure of the price though. Go to vortechsuperchargers.com, click on support, then click on upgrade, listed under services. They also offer an exchange program, which lets you trade in your used blower toward a new one of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mike9250
    Vortech explains the upgrade procedure on there web site, not sure of the price though. Go to vortechsuperchargers.com, click on support, then click on upgrade, listed under services. They also offer an exchange program, which lets you trade in your used blower toward a new one of your choice.
    thanx mike, i have been to the support page before at vortech. i was just curious if anyone had done the swap & could fill me in on some details. i was more curious to things like: do my brackets need upgraded? do any other items need changed when changing to the larger volute? exact price for the upgrade? etc.......
    ill give them a call & find out exactly whats involved. sometimes you can find out things from previos customers that dont get explained by the manufacturer.
    thanx again!
    -justin

92stanglx
    Quote Originally Posted by mygt8a4re
    thanx mike, i have been to the support page before at vortech. i was just curious if anyone had done the swap & could fill me in on some details. i was more curious to things like: do my brackets need upgraded? do any other items need changed when changing to the larger volute? exact price for the upgrade? etc.......
    ill give them a call & find out exactly whats involved. sometimes you can find out things from previos customers that dont get explained by the manufacturer.
    thanx again!
    The S-trim I bought used was an a-trim that was upgraded. Here are a few things that needed to be changed or purchased:

- discharge tube (the plastic one doesn't have a tap for a bypass)
    - upgrade pulley's to take advantage of the higher boost capability
    - in-line pump (I don't think the a-trim kit came with one??)
    - BTM

Brackets and everything should be the same. I think the dude I got mine off of paid $800 for the upgrade (not including the stuff I listed above).

thanx for the info!
    i currently have all of those items now on my a-trim. the last time i checked with vortech wich was just recently, the cost to upgrade now is $996. thats assuming your head unit is in perfect working condition. if there are any flaws in the breakdown of the volute the price increases from there....so it now costs about $1000 to do an upgrade from the a-trim to the s-trim when you have a perfect head unit!

-justin
    -justin

Yikes! I think it'd be better to buy a head unit and sell the old one.......

Long time huh stranger?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

hehe, yeah tell me about it. i guess its worth the price considering warrenty is involved but i may start seeing if there are any reasonable s-trim head units around for sale.....yeah, long time brent! i wish i never sold my 93, that was one great car. i missed it so much i had to buy another one, hehe! kind of picked up where i left off anyways........
    -justin