Thread: Better Tensioner?

Junior SCH Member

Better Tensioner?

where can i get that new style tensioner that i see on alot of racers mondo brackets? it looks like the one that comes with the new YSi drivers side kits. what do i have to do to make it work on my brackets?

Senior SCH Member
    Ian on this site makes kits similiar to that. Hes trying to get some more together. I know Vortech sells em under there other halfs site the one they did the merge with Im drawing a blank at teh moment on there name sorry.
    1990 GT Convertible

your talking about paxton...but those are the pass. side brackets...hes looking for drivers....and the mondos wont fit in the ysi brackets..maybe if you drill another set of holes...
    dale@swillracing

SCH Member
    can add a second idler and run a polychain ;)
    94GT...Stock Block 306, Performer heads, RPM intake, F cam,
    V1 S-trim, AFM Powerpipe, 2.75" pulley, A9L, Interceptor 2, etc. :freaks:

Darkhorse Racing
    89GT "The Killer Pumpkin"... 347, Victor Sr heads, Reichard Intake,
    F1-R, F.A.S.T, 160lb'ers, Glide, Reichard Intercooler, 25.5, etc. :evil:

Junior SCH Member
    YOU GOT THE NEW ALUMINUM DOUBLE PLATE, OR THE OLDER STEEL ONE. I HAVE THE NEW DOUBLE ALUMINUM PLATE, LOOKS JUST LIKE THE YSI BRACKETS AND HAS THAT NICE TENSIONER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IT IS ALOT NICER THAN THE OLDER ONE. IT IS MADE BY VORTECH, I THINK I PAID AROUN $450 FOR THE DOUBLE ALUMINUM MOUNTING BRACKET KIT WITH THE TENSIONER. ALSO THIS BRACKET IS SUPOSSED TO ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THE SNOUT SUPPORT DUE TO NOT FLEXING LIKE THE OLDER STEEL ONES. I DEAL WITH JOHN SNEE AT VORTECH, REALLY HELPFUL GUY TO DEAL WITH. HOPE THIS HELPS.