Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
any S-trim owners here previous A-trim owners?

Thread: any S-trim owners here previous A-trim owners?

any S-trim owners here previous A-trim owners?

curious whats involved withm the upgrade/swap through vortech? i saw that they have an exchange program for the "heavy duty" units but im just looking to upgrade my v1 a-trim to a v1 s-trim. a couple questions i have:

1-what is the cost (roughly) for the upgrade?
    2-is only the headunit exchanged or are there bracket upgrades and such?

any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

-justin
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Just the head unit is changed so 30 minute install and it was only $800 for the upgrade but I am sure like everything else that has moved up the scale.

Thanx for the reply, I'm sure the price raised by now. So is the upgrade just to a regular s-trim or are they doing the upgrade to this new "heavy duty" s-trim? I'm not sure what the difference is but they have it all over their website.....

Thanx
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

92stanglx
    From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by mygt8a4re
    thanx mike, i have been to the support page before at vortech. i was just curious if anyone had done the swap & could fill me in on some details. i was more curious to things like: do my brackets need upgraded? do any other items need changed when changing to the larger volute? exact price for the upgrade? etc.......
    ill give them a call & find out exactly whats involved. sometimes you can find out things from previos customers that dont get explained by the manufacturer.
    thanx again!
    The S-trim I bought used was an a-trim that was upgraded. Here are a few things that needed to be changed or purchased:

- discharge tube (the plastic one doesn't have a tap for a bypass)
    - upgrade pulley's to take advantage of the higher boost capability
    - in-line pump (I don't think the a-trim kit came with one??)
    - BTM

Brackets and everything should be the same. I think the dude I got mine off of paid $800 for the upgrade (not including the stuff I listed above).

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mygt8a4re
    curious whats involved withm the upgrade/swap through vortech? i saw that they have an exchange program for the "heavy duty" units but im just looking to upgrade my v1 a-trim to a v1 s-trim. a couple questions i have:

1-what is the cost (roughly) for the upgrade?
    2-is only the headunit exchanged or are there bracket upgrades and such?

any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

-justin
    Retail is in the $990 range.Should b able to get it cheaper thru a Vortech dealer..

i thought the "upgrade" from an a-trim to an s-trim had to be done directly through vortech? i was under the impression that thier dealers only sold complete kits.....please let me know any information you know on this subject. this would be a 1st in my research.....

-justin
    -justin

Any dealer can send it in for the upgrade. It's more cost efficient to sell the a-trim and just get an s-trim kit. The s-trim will also get you a btm, fmu, t-rex, bypass, etc. that you really don't need with the a.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

thanx for that info, i didnt realize that any dealer for vortech could assist in the upgrade, is it more cost efficient to go through a vortech dealer for the upgrade as opposed to sending the unti in myself?
    i do realize that it is more cost efficient to sell the a-trim as a whole & then purchase an s-trim but i already have a btm, fmu, t-rex, bypass, etc. with my current setup. so the only thing i need to upgrade is the volute. it would seem useless to sell off all my current items just to rebuy most of them all over again with the addition of the added work of uninstalling then reinstalling for no reason. if a dealer could do the upgrade for me for under $900 that seems to be the best route. this way i keep everything intact & only need to swap out volutes.
    any input that may be useful in this subject is appreciated, mabey im missing somthing here....thanx!
    -justin

I see you will be needing some WAY bigger injectors for one thing. Depending on your boost. I would guess 42s and a lightning mass air unit, and of course a custom tune and chip. Good luck!
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by 93gt
    I see you will be needing some WAY bigger injectors for one thing. Depending on your boost. I would guess 42s and a lightning mass air unit, and of course a custom tune and chip. Good luck!
    dont go by my sig, thats my 93gt. i sold that 1.5 yrs ago. i never updated my sig for my 92. i see your point on bigger injectors but you can easily get away with less injector with an fmu. yes i know, a bandaid but still doable. i have 30# now & i think my pro-m77 is plenty efficient for now. i appreciate your input......

-justin
    -justin