Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Belt size?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belt size?

Belt size?

Help! I have an 8" lower pulley with a 3.15" for the top. What size do I need? Gates 8 rib part #?

Senior SCH Member
    i run a 2.95 and vortech calls out he same as stock if that helps its 80545 i think thats with a stock lower pulley. Im not even sure what size that is.
    1990 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by tstang
    i run a 2.95 and vortech calls out he same as stock if that helps its 80545 i think thats with a stock lower pulley. Im not even sure what size that is.

What?
    331 Bennett Stroker/C-4/TFS Twisted Wedge/S-trim with 3.125" upper and 8" Hoping for 9's :teeth:

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91 trunk
    What?
    Sorry didnt re read what I typed. Im running a stock crank pulley from Vortech NOt sure what size they are. I am also running a 2.95 upper puley that puley being smaller than the puley your running and Vortech stated that the proper pulley size is same as stock which is part # ending in 545. Hope that makes ense. I also thought I needed a shorter belt when I swapped from the 3.33.
    1990 GT Convertible

You run the same arrangement as me. Its a 5080565. I run a Dayco belt, but you should be able to cross this to any brand.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Senior SCH Member
    curious what size is a stock vortech crank pulley?
    1990 GT Convertible

The stock Vortech pulley is 6.87in.
    www.momsracing.com

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks
    1990 GT Convertible

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91 trunk
    Help! I have an 8" lower pulley with a 3.15" for the top. What size do I need? Gates 8 rib part #?
    I run the same set-up and run, Dayco 5080565 also..
    Mike

84 - T-top Notch Project

*** My hot rod site**

Thanks guys! Hell you guys know more then Vortech
    331 Bennett Stroker/C-4/TFS Twisted Wedge/S-trim with 3.125" upper and 8" Hoping for 9's :teeth:

I learned more on this site about this than anywhere!! I bought the complete pulley and belt package from Superchargersonline.com It even came with a new tensioner and bracket for like $229. come on here with your questions and you wont walk away shaking your head! BTW, whats that setup of yours putting down?
    www.momsracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by 93gt
    I learned more on this site about this than anywhere!! I bought the complete pulley and belt package from Superchargersonline.com It even came with a new tensioner and bracket for like $229. come on here with your questions and you wont walk away shaking your head! BTW, whats that setup of yours putting down?
    I picked it up last night from the re-tune with the small pulley and it made 603 rwhp @5700rpm and 589# of torque. It's still got more, but I have to upgrade the valve springs.

Thats great! I am going to try a smaller one next year, but only after my kick @ss big fuel system is in the car! What are you running for a fuel system? My car made 600 on the first pull, but we had to reel it in for the lack of fuel. Its been an awesome season driving that beast at the track and on the street!
    www.momsracing.com

I've got an Aeromotive 1000A,Big fuel lines,55# injectors and STOCK rails. So far the stock rails have held up the the challenge. My only problem is I love my 5spd. I know the car would fly with a good automatic, but I love rowing the gears.

This winter I'll step up the rails, but so far it's 450.00<rail,regulator,fitting,lines> that I haven't had to spend.

How do you like that water injection? I've heard it's the cats *** and I've heard it doesn't do much.

I may also be leaving the S/C world for a Turbo set up. I have a buddy with a Turbo on his car. It's amazing.

Thats definately the general direction Ill be going in (as far as the fuel system) Im in the same boat with the stick as well. I am going to try a different tranny, because I cannot powershift the 3550 to save my life. When I pull second its like Im hitting a wall. Even granny shifiting the car, my best e.t. this year is a 10.71. I see low 10s next season. I dont blame you for going turbo either!
    www.momsracing.com