Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Girdle

Thread: Girdle

SCH Member

Girdle

Is anyone here running a main cap girdle with there blower? Is is worth the extra cash to do so?

I think its a nice easy bit of strength for your lower end. I dont have a Dart block, I run a Sportsman B-50 and use the DSS stroker kit with their main spt system. If its apart or youre building it, why not?
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

SCH Member
    Thats kinda what I was thinking. Nice combo by the way.

Im running a 347 Stroker Ford Sportsman block as well with a DSS girdle. I picked it up used for $150. I figured why not. I have heard conflicting storys on the effectiveness of the girdles, but I think they probably help bolster the block by tying the main caps together. If you get one, make sure you check all the clearances carefully, I had to remove a bit of material to clear my rod end cap bolts. Also, make sure you bend the end of the dipstick tube away from the girdle, before you bolt on your oil pan so your dipstick clears the girdle. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

SCH Member
    Yeah hell with it I put one on. I too have been hearing conflicting stories. I really don't see how you could go wrong. Most of the ads I've read swear by them. I had to order a new oil pick up and pan from canton, so it was about $350. for everything. My motor is worth that.

I am running a sportsman block with a dss girdle too and it's been holding my 9 sec passes good so far.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

If you did not get the girdle yet, I saw one for sale in the NMRA fourms $200 and it comes with the windage tray. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee03
    If you did not get the girdle yet, I saw one for sale in the NMRA fourms $200 and it comes with the windage tray. Lee
    Thanks, but I got it already.