Thread: WTB: Alternator stay bracket

SCH Member

WTB: Alternator stay bracket

Need one for a Vortech/Paxton kit. Have a Novi 2k specifically. Anybody have one laying around?
    Thanks guys!
    Jon
    68 Charger R/T-493/727/3.91
    87 Buick-Stock 3.8 with a whistle
    90 LX hatch-Titanium/black interior, 347, ported Twisted Wedge's & Track Heat, Novi 2000, 42# injectors, Pro-M 80, T56, Spec Stage 3, Cobra brakes f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, Maximum Motorsports uppers/lowers/CC plates, 4.10's, front coilovers, PMS, Bullit wheels.
    02 SOM SS, A4-Stock-Have cam, converter, N20 in the closet.

SCH Member

Check eBay, they are for sale on there often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon01
    Need one for a Vortech/Paxton kit. Have a Novi 2k specifically. Anybody have one laying around?
    Thanks guys!
    Jon
    I just sold one on eBay for about $30 a month ago. Keep in mind that the one Vortech or Paxton sells is intended for a stock alternator, not the 3G commonly upgraded to on the '86-'93 cars. The 3G is larger in diameter. If you have the 3G, I think you can use a longer bolt at the smog pump and shim it up with washers to get it to work. At least this is from my experience.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Your better off going to a hardware store and getting some flat stock and making one.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Your better off going to a hardware store and getting some flat stock and making one.
    Much better idea. Easy to do too. Look at pictures of the Vortech one, bolt the assembly together to figure out the dimensions. Then bend, cut and drill as needed. Use 1/4 inch steel stock.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990notch
    I just sold one on eBay for about $30 a month ago. Keep in mind that the one Vortech or Paxton sells is intended for a stock alternator, not the 3G commonly upgraded to on the '86-'93 cars. The 3G is larger in diameter. If you have the 3G, I think you can use a longer bolt at the smog pump and shim it up with washers to get it to work. At least this is from my experience.
    Yeah, I had a Vortech on the car prior to the Novi. No biggie there. Wish I would have seen yours, woulda bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990notch
    Much better idea. Easy to do too. Look at pictures of the Vortech one, bolt the assembly together to figure out the dimensions. Then bend, cut and drill as needed. Use 1/4 inch steel stock.
    I may very well end up doing that, I'm tight on time and it's easier to spend the $ than find another hour to make one up. Just need it to complete the kit to sell it, going TT.

Thanks for the input guys, if I don't find one w/in the next week or so I'll just make one up but thought I'd at least ask.
    Last edited by Jon01; 09-04-2005 at 09:37 PM.
    68 Charger R/T-493/727/3.91
    87 Buick-Stock 3.8 with a whistle
    90 LX hatch-Titanium/black interior, 347, ported Twisted Wedge's & Track Heat, Novi 2000, 42# injectors, Pro-M 80, T56, Spec Stage 3, Cobra brakes f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, Maximum Motorsports uppers/lowers/CC plates, 4.10's, front coilovers, PMS, Bullit wheels.
    02 SOM SS, A4-Stock-Have cam, converter, N20 in the closet.

Summit sell them new chrome plated for ~$16.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I lied....it is $13.99

SUM-G4049 search for this part #
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D