Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How to run without A/C and smog pump on SN95?

Thread: How to run without A/C and smog pump on SN95?

Junior SCH Member

How to run without A/C and smog pump on SN95?

I'm almost done installing the strim on my 95 cobra. The A/C and smog pump are no longer there. what needs to be done to get a shorter belt that wont slip?

I heard the FMS A/C delete kit that relocates the P/S and using a smog pump delete kit with pulley could work. But I'm not sure

what do you guys know

thanks

SCH Member
    well i do not run a smog pump, and i just used a short belt to elimate that... as for the A/C, thats simple as pulling it, and running a even shorter belt. I really DO NOT see a need for an A/C delete or Smog pump delete kit for removale... Mine works perfect, dont have a bit of slip, and i have no eliminator kits..Just a short belt!
    Vibrant Red 94GT

Junior SCH Member
    you sure about that?

SCH Member
    Im positive on the smog pump.. If u look at the A/C, i cant see how u would need any kind of eliminator braket... a short belt should do
    Vibrant Red 94GT

Junior SCH Member
    im going to give that a try..to just run p/s, water pump, crank and alternator.

thanks

Junior SCH Member
    No, you have to run an eliminator bracket for the A/C, I just ran into this. Vortech says their kits are made for only A/C cars. My car originally has no A/C, and the belt angle is too shallow and the tensioner hits the water pump pulley. You have to get the UPR products A/C eliminator bracket w/ pulley to do what you're wanting. Believe me, I tried about 20 different way, I even tried redrilling the tensioner bracket to move the tensioner farther away from the water pump, still hits. I used a belt so tight I had to take off the alternator pulley to get the belt off. I have a 92 5.0 so this is if you have this motor, I dunno about the 4.6's.

Senior SCH Member
    Well he has a 95 Cobra, so your set-up won't apply, but thanks very much on the info! I'm considering elimating a few accesories later this year and taking the car off the street.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

Junior SCH Member
    I'm not running a/c on my 95. I just used a shorter belt and it works fine. As far as the smog pump goes, my buddy has a 95 Cobra with just the smog pump deleted. The position of the alt in the Vortech bracket is almost directly in line w/ the crank. There is very little wrap around the tensioner, you can almost pull the belt off by hand. The weird thing is that it never squeels or comes off I guess there is enough tension on there after all. I'll try to get the # of the belt for you. I know it's very short.
    95 Zero option GTS. D.S.S 8.8-1 Bullet 306,S-Trim, Power Pipe, 6037's, TFS 2 cam, Perf RPM U/L, 70mm T/B, 80mm MAF, 42's, BBK L/T's.

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by BlownGTS
    I'm not running a/c on my 95. I just used a shorter belt and it works fine. As far as the smog pump goes, my buddy has a 95 Cobra with just the smog pump deleted. The position of the alt in the Vortech bracket is almost directly in line w/ the crank. There is very little wrap around the tensioner, you can almost pull the belt off by hand. The weird thing is that it never squeels or comes off I guess there is enough tension on there after all. I'll try to get the # of the belt for you. I know it's very short.
    so you do have a smog pump there and no A/C. I can see how that could work but not without smog pump.

hmm
    dont know what to do yet. i might have to just buy a smog pump delete kit and go from there. hate to have those dummie pullies there.

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by HotPony
    No, you have to run an eliminator bracket for the A/C, I just ran into this. Vortech says their kits are made for only A/C cars. My car originally has no A/C, and the belt angle is too shallow and the tensioner hits the water pump pulley. You have to get the UPR products A/C eliminator bracket w/ pulley to do what you're wanting. Believe me, I tried about 20 different way, I even tried redrilling the tensioner bracket to move the tensioner farther away from the water pump, still hits. I used a belt so tight I had to take off the alternator pulley to get the belt off. I have a 92 5.0 so this is if you have this motor, I dunno about the 4.6's.
    fox have differente tensioner. its different with the sn95

so nobody in here has a 94-95 with a vortech and no ac and smog pump?