Thread: YSi bearing problems ?

YSi bearing problems ?

My YSi seems to have come across a problem.

The bearings seem to have gone. Its making a fair bit of noise, although working fine.
    There is slight seepage of oil from the input shaft, but it is very very slight.

When rotating by hand, it feels absolutely horrible. Nothing like when it was new.

Is there a warranty on these blowers ? If so, how long ?

Could anything I have done lead to such problems ?? Im on a 10 rib, and the belt was tight, but I dont think it was excessively tight.
    There is less than 3000 miles on it, the majority of which are normal road miles.

Running an 8.25/3.15 Pulley combo on my LS1.

You have oil going to it right? :shocked:
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Well, I have a line from the main oil gallery to the head unit. And oil dripped from it, and the return when I removed it from the car. So I would be 100% sure it had a good oil supply.

Im rather baffled too, as they seem to have a very good reputation. It wil be even better if they respond quickly to my emails.
    Although I do need to know why this has happened too, as I dont want to be going through blowers every 3000 miles.

This is odd as they are good blowers. Plus you are not spinning it really hard???
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I'm a bit baffled too. Just have to see what happens now, and what is actually wrong.