Thread: Cogged T-trim question

SCH Member

Cogged T-trim question

Well I got the 1985 Mustang running using a PMS from Anderson Ford. She runs decent but I can tell she needs to be tuned to get some small glitches out of her. What I cant believe is the heat that comes off this motor in such a short time. I expected heat but after 2 to 3 min of idle time I cant touch my inlet pipe from my supercharger to the throttle body its to hot. I dont run an intercooler yet but I think I soon will. My temp gauge is good and the temp on my PMS is in the 160 range in that 3 min period but she never overheats when I street drive her. She does get to 200 if stop and go traffic but if im moving she is fine.. Its a 331 with 9.25 compresion and is now fuel injected obviously. My T-trim is pullied for about 20 lbs of boost, I have a 77 tooth crank and I think my blower is a 30 tooth but I cant remember. I use c-16 vp fuel with an Anderson B-4 cam, the fuel system is all aeromotive from front to back with a 1000 pump and 72 lb low imp injectors with the Anderson inj drive module. I just wondering is this normal or can I poss be that lean. I havent reved the car past 4000 yet trying to put a few miles on it and make sure everything is tight with no leaks. Thanks for any info.

SCH Member
    Almost forgot I run and electric fan with a mechanical aluminum water pump and the belt is tight. I also use a Ford Racing aluminum radiator.

Everything sounds good to me.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member

Thumbs up

Ok I figured thats just how these things are. Im using the Mickey Thompson drag radial for the first time and so far I like them. These tires are very soft and i like that there is no side to side movement from the tire like the ET drags use to do. I no longer have any rubbing problems so they should be good. The size im using is a 275/60/15. just some info for the guys who are thinking of trying them.

They also like about14-15 psi best as well. They don't care for the low pressures for some reason.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D