Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Can't see timing pointer with Novi 2k

Thread: Can't see timing pointer with Novi 2k

Junior SCH Member

Can't see timing pointer with Novi 2k

I was curious if anybody else with a Novi 2k kit for the Fox Mustangs could see their timing pointer? I know that my supercharger bracketry gets in the way of viewing mine. How do you guys with a Novi 2k set your timing?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I made sure I set mine at 14 degrees before I installed my bracket and a good thing because I can't see my pointer either.

I can see mine no problem.....not sure why you guys can't.

Edit:

After looking at mine today my assumption is the stock fan shroud blocks the view? I run electric fans so I assume that's the difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 09-20-2005 at 03:48 PM.

Exactly, the fan shroud blocks the view, we had problems with this when I went to smog the car and the guy wanted to verify timing. Well I had to drive back with the fan off and the shroud pulled. But ya if you pull the shroud off temporarily you can read it. Kind of a pain, I recall taking the fan off just to get the shroud out.

Junior SCH Member
    That would explain it. I'm one of the few supercharged guys running around with their engine driven fan and stock shroud. It would be nice to be able to see my timing mark, but I'm getting along without it. Just figured out a good way to have repeatable results with my timing. Thanks.

Senior SCH Member
    I take off my belt accesory belt tensioner and have a clear shot at the pointer.

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113