Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Vortech Bracket Flexing

Thread: Vortech Bracket Flexing

Junior SCH Member

Question Vortech Bracket Flexing

I have an S-Trim unit with the passenger mount brackets. I believe the plate is 5/16" thick. I would like to know how to make this bracket assembly more rigid. The blower does have some flex to it and I would like to eliminate this without using Vortech's remedy by bracing the blower to the strut mount. Can anyone tell me if there are aftermarket brackets and or a different plate to strengthen this? At this point, I am almost ready to have something fabricated. What have others done to cure bracket flexing?

If you can wait, I believe Ian will be doing another run of his SuperchargerHelp Vortech bracket kits. It's a VERY good setup....very similar to the Paxton Novi 2000 setup. To give a little insight it uses dual 1/2" CNC'd plates.

Here's a pic of one installed on a cog setup:

Last edited by TheHawk05; 09-24-2005 at 11:33 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    What is the support on the backside of the brackets? Is this tied into the waterpump studs for extra support? How much is this kit?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHawk05
    If you can wait, I believe Ian will be doing another run of his SuperchargerHelp Vortech bracket kits. It's a VERY good setup....very similar to the Paxton Novi 2000 setup. To give a little insight it uses dual 1/2" CNC'd plates.

Here's a pic of one installed on a cog setup:

Senior SCH Member
    not sure on pricing Paxton has one but its big time $$. Ian was selling em for the $300-400 ballpark I dont have the info in front of me but he has been busy as he stated in past posts and is trying to get another production of them soon as he can.
    1990 GT Convertible