Thread: which supercharger ???

Junior SCH Member

which supercharger ???

i am new to the supercharger world and i dont know which one to get...i have a 93lx and it is my daily driver i just wanna get aome extra power out of it..i was running N20 on it but i was getting tired of filling the bottle...

which supercharger would you guys pick out of the 2????

paxton novi-1000
    or
    vortec-sc trim

Give some moreinfo on the car and pwhat you want to do.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    the car is a 93 lx.

it has a crane came with the same specs almost like the e303 would with 1.7rr
    full msd ignition,cobra intake 70mmtb , the heads are e-7's with crane springs and new vavles i have done some smoothing out of the ports and removed the egr humps in the exhaust port for now until i decide which heads to get next spring, hooker shorty headers,bbk hpipe,flowmaster american thunder exhaust, bbk255lph pump,fms alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears and strange c-clip elim, auburn pro posi, and alot of misc suspension goodies..

i did run nos on it for a while but got tired of filling the bottle up, i just wand a 12.0 or high 11 sec car , i know many fuel mods and dyno time will be needed with the SC but it will be worth it not to have to keep filling a bottle LOL looking to keep it under $2000 for the supercharger kit so i will have money for my fuel mods and tuning

thanks for the help chris

Either one will definitly work. More or less personal preference between the two brands. If you like Paxton look at the 1200 they now have out.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

either blower you named will more than do the job....flip a coin
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the info guys i think i am going with the novi-1000 is the max impellar speed really 55,000 rpm - this is what i have heard

That is correct and I think you made a good choice. Depending on your current setup, you shouldn't need more than 49,000 rpms. I went 11.28 with that RPM @124mph.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    I would go S-trim or better yet a T-trim I know this is way more then u need but I havent found one power adder guy yet that doesnt want more boost once they get used to it. If u say ill be happy with 400 hp trust me u will only be happy for a short time. Dont make the same mistake that alot of us have get a bigger blower then u need because its cheeper then upgrading later.