Thread: Paxton & Vortech Crank Pullies??

Paxton & Vortech Crank Pullies??

Are they interchangable? Now the SC pullies are not as they have different shaft sizez correct. But are the cranks interchangable or do they have different dimension from block to pulley that don't allow them to be interchanged?

Now I have a 351 and I have an SVO balancer and it has a aluminum spacer between the balancer and pulley so could I add a different spacer or machine some of it off to make it work.

As I have had a 8.6" 10 rib pulley made for me and may switch to a 2000 this winter. The pulley wasn't cheap either.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

You should be just fine Steve. When I had my dual belt Novi 1000 I ran a Vortech 8" crank. They're identicle, and I bet they even roll off the same manufacturing line. Not happy with the ol' "T"?? The Novi 2000 is the boss on the street........
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Well, I really want a polished setup. So the ol "T" is going to replace where my ol "S" is now. Timmy is getting it. BTW he is up and running now with a C-4. Tonight we head to MILAN to do battle. I put 4cyl springs in the rear, changed my control arm mounts and will be running my old slicks (found a good deal on some Pro Stars to get me through SmackDown...then will unload).

Any way I then started kicking around the idea of a 2000 since it has more air flow than the T and should have just as good mid range as the T. Seems the 2000 may be the way to go for my extra cubes. I will be changing my intake and hope that really picks up th midrange next year.

Any ideas.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Well, I really want a polished setup. So the ol "T" is going to replace where my ol "S" is now. Timmy is getting it. BTW he is up and running now with a C-4. Tonight we head to MILAN to do battle. I put 4cyl springs in the rear, changed my control arm mounts and will be running my old slicks (found a good deal on some Pro Stars to get me through SmackDown...then will unload).

Any way I then started kicking around the idea of a 2000 since it has more air flow than the T and should have just as good mid range as the T. Seems the 2000 may be the way to go for my extra cubes. I will be changing my intake and hope that really picks up th midrange next year.

Any ideas.
    If you want to add REAL hp and torque, send those heads to TEA, fox lake or somewhere reputible like that and have them get "carried away" with them. I wouldn't go with AFR's since you already got the kooks for the highports. I promise you that is where the majority of really good running setup fall short. Maybe an FTI cam? What intake are you thinking?

With a fully ported high port head, 351, TFS R intake, FTI cam, and a Novi 2000, I'd shop for a chute. :shocked:

I'm going fishing for the next five days but i'll check in later........ :teeth:

The 2000 should walk the T in all aspects.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

I have TFS Track Heats that have some port & polish work done (1262 gasket). The Kooks come with adapter plates to allow them to work on the straight bolt pattern as the headers have the Victor JR style mounting face. I was looking into the TFS R intake setup. Any other ideas on an intake.

What are the spec on the FTI cam?

Now have Lunati 232 242 --544 560 with 114* lobe sep. 1.6 Rockers

Go catch me some fish.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

SCH Member
    The novi 1000 or 2000 series will not work but the 1200-1500-2200 will work hope this helps.

ASP said the cranks are interchangable as well.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    I have TFS Track Heats that have some port & polish work done (1262 gasket). The Kooks come with adapter plates to allow them to work on the straight bolt pattern as the headers have the Victor JR style mounting face. I was looking into the TFS R intake setup. Any other ideas on an intake.

What are the spec on the FTI cam?

Now have Lunati 232 242 --544 560 with 114* lobe sep. 1.6 Rockers

Go catch me some fish.
    Oh ok. You have twisted wedge heads then. The TFS R is the real deal for sure. I'd get the heads ported first though. FTI is Flow Tech Induction. Custom grind for your app....... your cam is probably fine though.....

Senior SCH Member
    I had a Novi 2000 on my car and switched over to an S-trim for one race. I never had to pull the crank pulley off. It lined up fine for both blowers.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    Vortech told me it wouldnt work so I called my reg guy at vortch and he said the first guy I talked to was wrong sorry.

Junior SCH Member
    What about these pulley with a sn93 , will it work ?
    89 mustang GT conv.
    Stock long block
    sn93
    perf. products intake,70mm TB ,70 Egr spacer
    pro-m 77mm mass air calibrated
    #36 injectors , bbk 255gph pump , adj regulator @ 38#
    no cats / h pipe, flowmasters