Thread: what the best intake for a blown street 5.0?

Junior SCH Member

what the best intake for a blown street 5.0?

What kind of intakes are you guys running on street 5.0's? I'm running a cobra intake on gt40x heads with an e303 cam. boosting this with a vortech sc trim that i'm upgrading to 9 psi. Thinking that maybe the cobra intake is holding a little power back . what do you guys think? any suggestions?

Junior SCH Member MillCreekMafia's Avatar
    Running the RPMII right now just put it on, makes great power.

Quote Originally Posted by blown89GT
    What kind of intakes are you guys running on street 5.0's? I'm running a cobra intake on gt40x heads with an e303 cam. boosting this with a vortech sc trim that i'm upgrading to 9 psi. Thinking that maybe the cobra intake is holding a little power back . what do you guys think? any suggestions?

Junior SCH Member
    Every article or heads up test on the small block ford motor that I have seen, the Holley Systemax has beaten every other street intake. I also have one and have used others and it is very streetable and makes the most power. Unless you planning on spinning past 6500 the Systemax Upper and Lowerr is the way to go!!

Thumbs up

Systemax!!
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com