Thread: Cam. If you had to pick

Junior SCH Member

Cam. If you had to pick

The F cam or the TFS stage 1 For 302 short block,TFS heads,Holley systemax intake and 13lbs of BOOST.

SCH Member
    Personally, I would go with the TFS cam. It's dual pattern and I believe it has a better LCA (112 for the TFS, 109 for the f cam) for a blown application. Price is about $45 cheaper too at Summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taube
    The F cam or the TFS stage 1 For 302 short block,TFS heads,Holley systemax intake and 13lbs of BOOST.

Junior SCH Member
    I thought the F was 114 LCA

I almost bought an off the shelf cam. It costs alot more to have one custom made, but I honestly think my cam has ALOT to do with my HP this year. I will never buy one off the shelf for a blower application in the future.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    I f I had to pick one of those, the F cam hands down, and yes it has a 114 LSA. But like 93GT says, you can pick up alot of untapped horsepower by paying a cam guru $50-$75 to pick out your cam lobes.
    Chris

If you are set on picking up the phone and ordering one today, how about calling Anderson for one of their blower grinds? I would still recommend a custom one especially now that most of us are wrapping up the year. The wait wont be a factor.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

92stanglx
    I like the TFS stage 1 cam. Good idle and good low/mid power band. It should be pretty well matched to those heads and intake too.

Junior SCH Member
    TFS Stage 1 for me.