Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to get an 8" 10-rib pulley for a Novi2k?

Junior SCH Member

Where to get an 8" 10-rib pulley for a Novi2k?

1993 LX 5.0 Black interior

Polished Novi2000, 42lb FMS injectors, Edlebrock performer intake, C&L 80mm, 75mm Pro products Throttle body, BBK U/L shortys, 3:73's, Frame tied/welded, welded rear housing, Welded in tourqe box kits for up and low, Moser 31 spline axles, Auburn Pro center, UPR dbl adj uppers, UPR adj lowers, QA1's, Eibach Springs, H-pipe w/Hooker maxflows, Aeromotive regulator, Walboro 255Hi-P, FP gage, shift light, Accel coil, PMS, MSD 6AL, LM1 w/ RPM option. Glide w/pro brake, JW housing, PTC10" converter and the "wheel" flywheel.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike93LX
    Call ASP. Your talking about the crank pulley I hope. LOL

SCH Member
    The offset of the crank pulley is the same for both a Paxton Novi or Vortech. So you can use a Vortech 8 inch pulley just as well. I think Vortech stocks them. You might also find one on eBay. I bought a brand new one myself on eBay last month.

Junior SCH Member
    ASP? Got a link by chance?
    Last edited by Mike93LX; 10-02-2005 at 02:45 AM.

Polished Novi2000, 42lb FMS injectors, Edlebrock performer intake, C&L 80mm, 75mm Pro products Throttle body, BBK U/L shortys, 3:73's, Frame tied/welded, welded rear housing, Welded in tourqe box kits for up and low, Moser 31 spline axles, Auburn Pro center, UPR dbl adj uppers, UPR adj lowers, QA1's, Eibach Springs, H-pipe w/Hooker maxflows, Aeromotive regulator, Walboro 255Hi-P, FP gage, shift light, Accel coil, PMS, MSD 6AL, LM1 w/ RPM option. Glide w/pro brake, JW housing, PTC10" converter and the "wheel" flywheel.

351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks man.

Also, whats the deal with the "warrantee void if removed" thing on the SC pulley? I run this at 10PSI and it's good to 27PSI or so. How do they think I'll run it that high w/out changing pulleys?

Junior SCH Member
    Is the blower pulley also the same by chance?

Actually, they don't list an 8" 10 rib crank pulley for Paxton or Vortech.
    Last edited by Mike93LX; 10-02-2005 at 11:28 PM.

Vortech sells a 10 rib 8" pulley. Like $199. You can also get it from www.superchargersonline.com for a few bucks cheaper. The vortech and paxton cranks are interchangable.

The SC pulley's are not as they have different shaft sizes and keyways.

The warranty deal is a way to save the butts probably in those instance where people way over do it. Plus may have something to do with emissions. But if you change the lower and not mess with the crank they'll still have to warranty it.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok, Talked to paxton and ASP today. Superchargeronline actually buys thiers from ASP. ASP considers it "custom" to make an 8" and some peeps told me it was not cheap. I have a 3" to be here tomorrow. That should put me at 15lbs w/out needing to change the belt.

About the warrantee, With the little cap on there the warrantee is 3 years, with it removed, it's reduced to only 1 year. I don't think that's to bad really. I'll be pulling the cap tomorrow am. lol

Junior SCH Member
    oops

Most change the upper pulley day one and have no issues.

Oh I hope your are changing some of the stuff in your sig with the new 15 psi coming.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    The stock belt don't work. It's on there, but it's loose as hell. I have seen 12lbs max so far. I have a smaller one on the way tomorrow.

What do ya mean "I hope your are changing some of the stuff in your sig"? I don't actually plan to just goto 15lbs and run the car to WOT constantly. lol I will have the fuel needs met and the AFR and timing on par...What else am I missing? I can very easily be looking at this wrong, but I'm planning to have 425-450 RWHP period, weather it's boost, nitrous or NA, does it really matter? I have seen all 3 results and most say, "it's all in the tune". Please explain...

UPDATE:
    I just noticed my sig in here is old. It's now current! That would explain your comments! Anything else that catches your attention, please let me know. I'm open for input.
    Last edited by Mike93LX; 10-04-2005 at 07:34 PM.

Junior SCH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike93LX
    I can very easily be looking at this wrong, but I'm planning to have 425-450 RWHP period, weather it's boost, nitrous or NA, does it really matter?
    You should easily see closer to the 500 rwhp than mid 400's. Your 42's will be near maxing out. Let me know how all goes. I may be switching my T to a 2000 this winter and plan for ~23-24 psi on my 351. I have 60# injectors and a weldon 2015 w/ ss lines. I probably should go to FAST and 72's but that means more$$$$$.

I just noticed the word stock a lot in your signal. LOL

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'