Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to get an 8" 10-rib pulley for a Novi2k?

Junior SCH Member
    Hey how much boost you making now? Have you tried just tightening the belt up a little more then what one would think "tight" would be...Also...If the 8rib pulley is cheaper, the go with the 8 rib 8" crank pulley, all that you have to do is run a 8 rib belt...Make look goofy, but, you have a 8" crank pulley that will net you more boost, and you have a warranty...

Junior SCH Member
    lol, Yea, I'm pushing this STOCK setup! It don't matter much to me because when/if this breaks I'm going with a Dart block. I am a bit suprised you think that a 7" and a 3" will yeald a 500 RWHP net. I guess I was assuming I would be around 400 RWHP....... We'll see casue I'll have the right belt tomorrow am. I'll keep you posted .... One thing about my injectors, I have seen max about 35% duty cycle so far.........
    1993 LX 5.0 Black interior

Polished Novi2000, 42lb FMS injectors, Edlebrock performer intake, C&L 80mm, 75mm Pro products Throttle body, BBK U/L shortys, 3:73's, Frame tied/welded, welded rear housing, Welded in tourqe box kits for up and low, Moser 31 spline axles, Auburn Pro center, UPR dbl adj uppers, UPR adj lowers, QA1's, Eibach Springs, H-pipe w/Hooker maxflows, Aeromotive regulator, Walboro 255Hi-P, FP gage, shift light, Accel coil, PMS, MSD 6AL, LM1 w/ RPM option. Glide w/pro brake, JW housing, PTC10" converter and the "wheel" flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike93LX
    lol, Yea, I'm pushing this STOCK setup! It don't matter much to me because when/if this breaks I'm going with a Dart block. I am a bit suprised you think that a 7" and a 3" will yeald a 500 RWHP net. I guess I was assuming I would be around 400 RWHP....... We'll see casue I'll have the right belt tomorrow am. I'll keep you posted .... One thing about my injectors, I have seen max about 35% duty cycle so far.........
    FWIW

I had a conservative tune with my old s-trim and 13psi and saw 530 at the tire. I had a buddy that had my old s-trim went to and he as well made over 530 with 13 psi on a 302 with a holley sytemax setup. We both had 8 rib pulleys with a 6.87 and 2.95 pulley at 6,000. I had 42's and an FMU and he had 55's. Mine where about done.

I went to a YSi, a little bigger than the 2000 and saw 19-20 psi and made 670 at the tire with 60# injectors. There is no reason the 2000 and 15 psi won't put you over 500 at the tire.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Damn, I'll see soon enough. I'm off to get the belt but am leaving town to goto Rockingham with my dad this afternoon, meeting my brother up there. They run Top dragster and I'm taking the family to go see a real national.

Thanks for the input, I'll post when I get back Monday.

Polished Novi2000, 42lb FMS injectors, Edlebrock performer intake, C&L 80mm, 75mm Pro products Throttle body, BBK U/L shortys, 3:73's, Frame tied/welded, welded rear housing, Welded in tourqe box kits for up and low, Moser 31 spline axles, Auburn Pro center, UPR dbl adj uppers, UPR adj lowers, QA1's, Eibach Springs, H-pipe w/Hooker maxflows, Aeromotive regulator, Walboro 255Hi-P, FP gage, shift light, Accel coil, PMS, MSD 6AL, LM1 w/ RPM option. Glide w/pro brake, JW housing, PTC10" converter and the "wheel" flywheel.

More than expected is always a good thing in HP. :D
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Paxton says 15-20 hp per pd of boost. If I'm adding 4-6 PSI the max I should see is 120hp more or more probably 90 or so. I started with 330 so 500 seems a stretch but so far, I have yet to put the new belt on as I just got home cause Rockingham was rained out. I'll post once it's tested out tomorrow.

Paxton says 15-20 hp per pd of boost. If I'm adding 4-6 PSI the max I should see is 120hp more or more probably 90 or so. I started with 330 so 500 seems a stretch but so far, I have yet to put the new belt on as I just got home cause Rockingham was rained out. I'll post once it's tested out tomorrow.
    So you have a 2000 and plan only 6 psi??? I thought your were going to do 15 psi.

CONFUSED?

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    Sorry man, I mean adding 4-6 PSI on top of the 10PSI I allready have. lol

I have the belt on and have seen 14PSI so far but haven't had too much time to test. I data logged my fuel curve for a bit and will be looking it over later. My trans will be here in the am and I'm trying to piece it together along with getting the wireing kit for my PA 130amp alternator and volvo elec fan. I have alot going on so I'm doing 3 things at once. In Florida, my car slowly gets a bit warm at idle so I want to take care of that 1st.

For now, 14lbs feels a hell of a lot better then 10 did. I should also mention, I think the Novi2K spools differently then the S-trims do meaning, this thing is rated to 29PSI and running it at 10 is not even getting it warmed up. I think I make less power at the same boost levels untill about 15PSI then it takes off. It's 1700cfm where most S-trims are 850cfm. (I think) It's seeming more likely as I learn more about it talking to others. I also tried the Mr freeze meth injection and had about no gains. The blower is huge and it's not as rasponsive to cooling as the smaller ones are. It only reduced inlet temps by 30f max.

Sorry man, I mean adding 4-6 PSI on top of the 10PSI I allready have. lol

I have the belt on and have seen 14PSI so far but haven't had too much time to test. I data logged my fuel curve for a bit and will be looking it over later. My trans will be here in the am and I'm trying to piece it together along with getting the wireing kit for my PA 130amp alternator and volvo elec fan. I have alot going on so I'm doing 3 things at once. In Florida, my car slowly gets a bit warm at idle so I want to take care of that 1st.

For now, 14lbs feels a hell of a lot better then 10 did. I should also mention, I think the Novi2K spools differently then the S-trims do meaning, this thing is rated to 29PSI and running it at 10 is not even getting it warmed up. I think I make less power at the same boost levels untill about 15PSI then it takes off. It's 1700cfm where most S-trims are 850cfm. (I think) It's seeming more likely as I learn more about it talking to others. I also tried the Mr freeze meth injection and had about no gains. The blower is huge and it's not as rasponsive to cooling as the smaller ones are. It only reduced inlet temps by 30f max.
    Making more sense now. But then you only made 330 at the tire with 10 psi with the 2000?

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    Yes, it was 229hp and 333trq at 10PSI with the stock injectors, intake, throttle body, a 12:1 FMU and a 75mm Pro-M MAF meter. The fuel curve was extremely fat (9:1) untill about 5k when it flattened out to about 12:1.

Since that dyno run I have added an 80mm C&L meter, 42lb FMS injectors, an edlebrock RPM upper and lower, a 75mm Pro products throttle body w/egr plate, an MSD 6al, a PMS, an LM1 w/RPM option to log everything and a 3" pulley.

I don't know what to expect with these hp-wise but the goal was to get the air to the head and control my fuel curve. I just went out to double check the belt tension and am off to drive it for a bit to see where it's at. It's running good but I don't think I'm near my goal of 450 RWHP yet. We'll see.... I'll probably get a powerpipe very soon and be ok with the 3" pulley.

can you post spme pics of how you got the crank pulley to fit?
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph

Junior SCH Member
    I didn't change the crank pulley.

I called Paxton and they said the warrantee is 3 years but if you take off the blower pulley it's reduced to 1 year meaning, you still have a warrantee.

ahh ok...thats what i was thinking....i tried for a year to get the 8 crank pulley to work with the novi2000....its impossible....so i just opted for the blower pulley change...what size upper pulley are you using?
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph

Why is it impossible to get an 8" to work? It better not be as I will be running an 8.6" crank on it!

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

well you cant install it fine but getting a belt to fit is the problem
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph