Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
installing upr boost pipe...have small issue

Thread: installing upr boost pipe...have small issue

Junior SCH Member

installing upr boost pipe...have small issue

hey, installed my upr boost pipe. wondering about hooking up the bypass valve... heres some pics of the tube...

i had the stock vortech elbow.. there was a 90 degree fitting to attach the bypass to...... on the upr pipe the fitting goes straight down...wondering if i got the orientation wrong? did i mess something up? or do i just need to fabricate a new hose assembly?

also wondering if the orientation of the maf meter matters? put the electronics on the top? keep the water running down, instead of that electronic box on the side or under the maf meter? any advice suggestions appreciated....thanks, p
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Everything looks correct.

Junior SCH Member
    I screwed the 90 deg elbow into the power pipe .I went to my local hardware store and bought extra hose to lengthen the one comming down from the vortech intake pipe and hooked it up to the bypass.Then the bypass to the 90 deg elbow.Got 2 psi of boost last weekend in cold weather at the track..

Junior SCH Member
    Try to have the mass air elements towards the top.I have experimented with moving the mass air and encounter4ed drivability problems with the mass air turned.Just my opinion..

Senior SCH Member
    With the routing of the bypass, go to an AutoZone and ask them to look for the hose you need. The have one that is perfect, it has a tight 90* bend for the bottom side of the powerpipe, then you can connect the hose using a 3/4" pvc pipe. I dunno why UPR had it designed like that, that **** is rediculous.

For the MAF, I've ran it at 12, 6 and 9. 9 and 12 seem to drive the best.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

I used some heater hose and a 90 deg brass elbow, then some reducers to a larger hose that attaches to the blow off valve. It's kind of a rig job, but it has been working for over a year for me. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -