Thread: Help me decide fellas.

Help me decide fellas.

Should I or should I not run the fmu. I bought it seperate, so I can send it back. I have 24#'s on the car right now, and can go with them with the fmu. Or I can borrow a buddies 36#'s buy a sampling tube for my c&l junk air meter and run like that without the c&l. Also I'm going to bite the bullet and more than likely give rick anderson $50 bucks for the startup program on my pms. What should I do. Use the fmu? Or send it back and put the money towards big injectors and a pro-m. I'm also trying to stay away from buying a t-rex or something of that nature, because I would like a complete kit. I've got a 255lph, but I don't know if its high pressure or not. Basically I'm trying not to buy a part that is just going to be replaced fairly soon. Let me know what you think, because I need to make a decision. I also have a fpr on the way that is boost sensitive, thanks to Dugscpe.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

It is always better to ditch the FMU and use larger injectors. If you have the money, do it that way for sure.

Good luck,

Ian

SCH Member
    what he said...255 fuel pump with 36lbs injectors is still not suficient fuel...make sure you have fuel or it will blow up, trust me on this one...

See, I'm just going to try to get by until I can bigger injectors. I guess I'm going to have to get a t-rex or sumpin. I don't plan on spinning the motor past 55 or 5600 rpm. Any more advice? My budget is limited right now with spring enrollment for school and all. I'm out working on the ride right now, and so far it's going ok. the instructions blow though. Hehe

Brandon

My vote is still for the 36's and no FMU. I would however install (at minimum) a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump. I put down 472@6000 without an FMU and the stock rails. Look at my dyno sheet in the photopost. You can see my fuel curve at the bottom of the page. It is a very safe tune with only 26 degrees total of ignition timing. I am at 100% duty cycle, so I need bigger injectors.

P.S. Brandon,
    Your FPR should be there by tomorrow:D
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Hey doug, It actually showed up yesterday! Thanks alot man. So the fmu is going back and i'm doing a t-rex or something. I think I'll be safe with a 255lph and the t-rex. I bit the bullet and had rick anderson send me a startup program for the pms for 50 bones. So thanks alot doug,

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    I have 36's now with a fmu. I'm close to maxing these injectors. Try the 42lb injectors thats what I'm gong with in the future. There a little worse in the cold start-up, remember the injector is the top of the food chain.
    87 LX NOVI2K