Thread: Wont run since injector swap

Junior SCH Member

Wont run since injector swap

The Engine combo.
    331 Stroker, GT-40Y Heads, Cobra intake, E-cam, shorty headers, ORH, Flows. Had #24 injectors, J4J1 computer in a 1994 Cobra

I just finished installing # 42lb injectors,C&L Calibrating tube (42lb),BBK FPR (Set @ 38) and Walbro 255 Fuel Pump so I would not need a FMU when the charger is on. After putting everything back together it started and idled rough then would not start again. After a thirty minute cool down it would start, backfired loudly and then would not rev to over 2k (Pedal on floor trying to keep it running) prior to dying and refusing to start again.

I have checked for vaccum leaks and none were found. The plugs looked way rich as I figured they would. I plan on installing the SN-93 next week and then hope to get it running so it can be limped to the dyno for a tune. The only other thing I can think of is the upper intake may have a leaking gasket so I will try that next! Or is it a possible that the J4J1 will not let it run at all without a chip burnt for the application ?

Any Idea's guys, I need this thing to make it to the dyno? It would cost way to much to have it towed then have them get it running right.

Any suggestions will be appreciated ;)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Rotate the C&L meter till it runs leaner which is usually with the sample tube facing at 9 o'clock. Start at that location then keep rotating till it idles best.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Rotate the C&L meter till it runs leaner which is usually with the sample tube facing at 9 o'clock. Start at that location then keep rotating till it idles best.
    Speedy,

I'll give that a shot, should I lower the fuel pressure too or do you think it's OK at # 38. I have not removed the upper yet but the gasket looks like it could be a little out of whack. It's still visable on all sides of the intake though so I'm doubting it's the cause.

Thanks For The Help :)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    If nothing else get some starter fluid and run th car and spray around the intake and if the engine sounds different then you have a vacuum leak. 38inlbs is good for your fuel pressure for now.