Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
42 lb injectors

Thread: 42 lb injectors

Junior SCH Member

42 lb injectors

can you use 42 lb injectors with corrected sample tube without an engine management system (example anderson pms) or will it run poorly at idle

You will need a good dynotune. It will be the best $$ spent for safety and driveability. I started mine with the 42s before my dyno appt, and Ive never seen anything so PIG RICH!! It only ran shortly before flooding itself, but it almost killed me with the fumes. I was hacking like Ozzy in Sweet Leaf!!
    Last edited by 93gt; 10-19-2005 at 12:14 PM.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The only problem I ever had with the injectors and no tuning device was the starting after warm. You must hold the gas pedal to the floor to shut off the injectors when starting warm or the car floods out since the starting map in the computer tries adding to much fuel.

I contacted my dynotune shop and asked him what was best for my setup so I would have no problems when I went for my appt. I also put an 01 Lightning mass air meter with them, so maybe this is another reason it was so bad before the tune. I would be concerned with cylinder wash with the way it was.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

You should have no isues with 42's and a good tune on a stock computer.

I have 60 and was all good as well.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    I had no problems at all with 42's and a pro-m 80mm. The car drove like it had stock injectors. I broke the motor in with the blower belt off. I would recomend at some point to get a tuning device.

Junior SCH Member
    I've got 42's and a lightning MAF with a mustang dyno tune and it works great!

I actually started to lose fuel pressure up top but had plenty of injector to account for it.
    Black 2001 Mustang GT

Vortech V2-SQ aftercooled kit. Lots of custom parts made by me

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    The only problem I ever had with the injectors and no tuning device was the starting after warm. You must hold the gas pedal to the floor to shut off the injectors when starting warm or the car floods out since the starting map in the computer tries adding to much fuel.
    That would be me.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Most of the main points have been hit, for fox mustangs get yourself a good Pro-M or GMS meter and the only problem you will have is occasional hard hot starts, the sn95 computers are more picky the further you get from stock parts. An eec tune will properly scale the injector values, it will run very close to stock if done right.

Regarding the Lightning Mass Air meters, this meter is not properly scaled to fool the Mustang eecs into running correctly, you MUST get an eec tune done to change the mass air transfer function in the computer, or you will not get it running even close to right. That said, it is a good meter for the price - just don't expect it to run right until you get the eec programming tweeked via chip or other aftermarket means.
    Chris