Thread: New to supercharging

Junior SCH Member

New to supercharging

Howdy yall, Im the proud owner of a 95 lincoln mark8 with the 4.6 4v mod motor...i think its 9.8:1 comp and its currently pushing 290hp. There is obviously not too many aftermarket parts to go onto lincolns older brother of the mustang 4.6, so i have been toying with the idea of a supercharger.

I know from other people that the car can not handle much more than about 8lbs of boost in stock form, and thats just how im planning on leaving it...stock.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any charging system that pushes out a measley 3-6lbs of boost for about/arround $2k, or less, especially if its designed to work with the 4.6, either in the mustang or w/e. im not looking for massive gains, just enough to top me off at about 350 horse at the fly.

Thank you.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    MMFF beginning of the year had Mod challenge in the magazine that had a few Mark 8s in it and last year or the year before they even had a Mark 8 challenge. Look up those old issues and see what they have done for brackets and such but I am sure you can't find anything under $3200 complete new, but never really researched for the Mark 8 before.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    MMFF beginning of the year had Mod challenge in the magazine that had a few Mark 8s in it and last year or the year before they even had a Mark 8 challenge. Look up those old issues and see what they have done for brackets and such but I am sure you can't find anything under $3200 complete new, but never really researched for the Mark 8 before.
    i know about the mmff issues, iv seen them, and i know most of the people in the articles. They are either running nos, or have a s/c (which was a prototype 1 off car from 93 which has 450 horse, the older bro of the 03/04 cobra motor. that supercharger was specially made too...another 1 off.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Then what are you looking for? You need a bracket, so move anything that is different on your engine compared to the 96- Cobra and purchase that bracket and get a reverse rotation blower and piping. Enough of this stuff used on web sites and you will need 5psi at least to notice anything on a car of that weight and with blower drag.