Thread: Pulley Quest.

Senior SCH Member

Pulley Quest.

Just picked a T-Trim up what ballpark can i expect to be in if running

2.75/7
    2.95/7

I was in the 13-14# range on my S with the 2.75/7 spinning it to 52000, with minimal slippage
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eades5.0
    Just picked a T-Trim up what ballpark can i expect to be in if running

2.75/7
    2.95/7

I was in the 13-14# range on my S with the 2.75/7 spinning it to 52000, with minimal slippage
    My T-Trim is putting out 13-14 lbs now with a 2.95/7 combo. I'm running a stock block with AFR 185's, GT-40 intake, AFM power pipe, comp cams x-treme energy 266 cam, BBK shorty headers, Bassani X-pipe, Dynomax Ultra-Flow's.

This is my first Vortech, so I wasn't sure what to expect for a boost curve. I seem to be getting about 9 lbs of boost by 2600 rpm, rising to 14lbs by 5700 rpm's, so I'm extremely happy with the T-Trim. I just hope the stock block doesn't blow too soon and spoil the fun.

Senior SCH Member
    Well hell guess i need a 8" crank 13-14 is a waste for me on a T...i ran that on my S

Thinking 8/3 or 8/2.95 10-rib now
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

SCH Member
    I don't know if your setup is close to mine, so you may see more or less boost than I. In my case I think I'm running close to splitting the stock lower end, and since I can't afford the dart block 331 yet, I 'm happy with 14 lbs boost for now. I haven't had it dynoed yet, but my 55# injectors are maxing at 94% duty cycle with 45 lbs base fuel pressure. Seems to me like I should be in the neighborhood of at least 500 rwhp. Don't know for sure until I dyno it though.

The one thing I don't like with this pulley combo is the belt seems to slip more than I like. I have to keep tightening every ten or so times I run up the boost. Is this normal? I hear the 8" combo is the way to go to reduce slippage.