Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
novi 1000 compressor map!!!! got it!!!

Thread: novi 1000 compressor map!!!! got it!!!

Junior SCH Member

novi 1000 compressor map!!!! got it!!!

hey guyz i got the novi 1000 compressor map from paxton. read it and lets talk!!!

hold on let me upload the pic

Junior SCH Member
    Last edited by Igotanovi1000; 10-23-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    all i see is a red "X" how do i fix that?

Senior SCH Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior SCH Member
    This is how this map was explained to me ..

Looking at the grid, you seeX axis = airflow in Lb/min. or CFM (left to right)Y axis = Pressure RatioYou probably already know about CFM, this is the amount of air being pumped thru thecompressor in cubic feet per minute. But CFM is dependent on pressure and temperature,so they list the absolute air measurement converted into mass in pounds per minute, likewhat a mass air meter also measures - does not matter what atmo pressure and temp are, apound of air is always going to have the same number of oxygen molecules within it.The pressure ratio up the left side is the amount of boost expressed as P2c/P1c. Thismeans it is a ratio of inlet to outlet pressure, i.e. relative to normal atmosphericpressure present at the inlet.*Keep in mind through all this, "boost" is only a measure of backpressure, not flow!Normal atmospheric pressure expressed as a ratio per the map is at zero, which isroughly equal to 14.7 psi. So, if the pressure ratio on the chart is 1.5:1 then theboost is going to be roughly (14.7 * 1.5) - 14.7 = 7.35 psi. 2:1 PR is 14.7 psi boost. *You may have also heard of this pressure ratio referred to as "Bar", i.e. 1 bar = atmo,2 bar = double atmo or 14.7 psi, 3 bar = 29.4 psi, etc.Now, as for the plotted lines drawn on the graph:The lines going from left to right indicate the amount of boost for each listed impellerspeed, plotted vs. the amount of air being pumped. Notice that the highest impellerspeed listed is 55k rpm; this is the absolute fastest, redline speed you can spin a Noviimpeller.The "circles" drawn on the map: these indicate levels of efficiency of the blower, orhow much air it is actually moving vs. how much it is simply beating up the air andcreating heat. Running in it's best range of efficiency, it is going to run almost 75%efficient at around 550-600 cfm, which is indicated at the very center of the 70%circle. This should be pumping close to 7 to 8 psi into a 302. But it all depends on theparts combo as to how much power this might be able to produce.If you go all the way to the top of the graph plot and follow the 45k to 55k max rpmlines all the way to the right, you can see that the N1K is capable of pumping outaround 85 Lb/min. of air, or 1200 cfm. (Note that the marketing department now calls thebaby blower a Novi 1200).Problem is, as shown on graph, the efficiency is so low up there (alot of heat in thecharge) and the engine you are pushing air into is starting to get so much more corkedup, that there's not going to be huge gains by increasing impeller speed much past 45kor so. Which is where the Novi 2000 steps into the game. <grin>