Thread: What kind of power diff between S and T trim?

Junior SCH Member

What kind of power diff between S and T trim?

I might have chance of swapping my S for a T + cash. What would be a reasonable difference money wise between the two head units, and what kind of power gains would I see? I see the T supports up to 825 on the vortech site, has anyone gone over that? My combo consists of a Dart 331 with cometic gaskets Solid roller custom blower cam, AFR 185's and a Trick flow R intake. I'm also running an AEM management unit to take care of the tuning. Im sure the S would work ok for now, but I plan on spinning this motor just over 7000rpm and it looks like the T is a bit more capable RPM wise. Im mainly kind of curious what kind of power I could make with the T. The engine was originally built for a bigger blower in the future (Was hoping to go YSI or Nov2000).

SCH Member
    Price differs but at least 100 hp from the dynos ive seen. Everything combo is completely its own set up though.

I did the same swap...was night and day and I would do it again!

Does the T-Trim head unit fit into the S-Trim brackets, or do you need to get a whole new kit?
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee03
    Does the T-Trim head unit fit into the S-Trim brackets, or do you need to get a whole new kit?
    Yep, it does fit the same brackets. You can even get your S-Trim upgraded to a T-Trim.

edit: I just noticed that you have an SQ model. I've heard that Vortech can upgrade those to a T also, but that it's not strong enough to run cogs.
    Last edited by 1990notch; 12-15-2005 at 10:15 AM.

Cool,, Thanks for the info,,, I will contact Vortech in the near future and find out price and details. Thanks again. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

Senior SCH Member
    Be ready to apply lube before u call
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable