Thread: Going from S-trim to T-trim?

Junior SCH Member

Going from S-trim to T-trim?

I might have chance of swapping my S for a T + cash. What would be a reasonable difference money wise between the two head units, and what kind of power gains would I see? I see the T supports up to 825 on the vortech site, has anyone gone over that? My combo consists of a Dart 331 with cometic gaskets Solid roller custom blower cam, AFR 185's and a Trick flow R intake. I'm also running an AEM management unit to take care of the tuning. Im sure the S would work ok for now, but I plan on spinning this motor just over 7000rpm and it looks like the T is a bit more capable RPM wise. Im mainly kind of curious what kind of power I could make with the T. The engine was originally built for a bigger blower in the future (Was hoping to go YSI or Nov2000).

SCH Member
    Hope you got some good internals.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlantern
    Hope you got some good internals.
    Dart 331 with all forged components I know I didn't put what internals in my first post, but who builds a Dart block with **** parts inside . I built the combo for a YSI or Novi 2000, but if I can upgrade from my current S-trim to the T Im sure it would make a bit more power. So back to my original question, what kind of power would this T be able to make. I know every engine is different but Im sure there are guys that have run a 331 with a solid roller and T trim here? Id like to put down around 650 to the wheels and want to know if this blower will do it.

Senior SCH Member
    You should be able to crack 600rw pretty easily with that combo. I just did the S to T swap myself and I'm about to head back to the dyno.
    On my S-trim 13#s on a 331 similar to yours i made 580rw.

Turn the boost up in the 16-18 range and 650rw shouldnt be a prob
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable