Thread: how are the F-2's?

Junior SCH Member

how are the F-2's?

I'm building a project street truck, and I wanted to twin supercharge it. It's a Ford 429, and I may punch it out as big as I can. Anyways, twin supercharging it is what I want to do, but I'm in a debate as far as which model to go with. I'm leaning towards the F-2's, maybe the F-1's... What do yuo think? Any suggestions or recomendations?

Josh

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_marotte
    I'm building a project street truck, and I wanted to twin supercharge it. It's a Ford 429, and I may punch it out as big as I can. Anyways, twin supercharging it is what I want to do, but I'm in a debate as far as which model to go with. I'm leaning towards the F-2's, maybe the F-1's... What do yuo think? Any suggestions or recomendations?

Josh
    I have an F-2 on my pontiac. I just dyno'd it and made 1100HP @ 6500rpm. The motor started to lean out so I shut it down. The dyno was set up for NA motors, so the fuel pump wasn't 100% ready for forced induction. My motor should make 1300-1400HP. I really don't think that you would need (2) of them. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your project.:)
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid sometimes, but you are abusing the privilege.

Junior SCH Member
    Wow, that much power, eh? I was looking to get about 1500, but I just think a twin super setup would be amazing.. But I am thinking of maybe doing twin P-1SC's.. or I will do just one, either F-2 or F-3. OR a BDS blower. Or i might just go NA, but I really want to supercharge it. I do agree, twin F-2's will probably be overkill.. lol, I was going to give Prochager a call this week, see what they have to say.. how much horse was your pontiac kicking on the NA motor? I plan to get 425-450 on my NA motor, if not more. Like I said, I might punch it out... Planning these things suck! You have to know what you want before you start, and I don't know what I want! lol, thanks for the input tho, it's helps!

Josh

Junior SCH Member
    Josh,

Yeah you're right it is ALOT of planning. My motor NA made 615HP @6300rpm.

-Brian
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid sometimes, but you are abusing the privilege.