Thread: T trim or not?

Junior SCH Member

T trim or not?

I just received a used vortech kit from a guy off of the corral. It is supposed to be 'an older model t trim'. The discharge measures 2.75 o.d. and the intake hose part of the blower measures 3.5" o.d. The actual impellar has 12 'vanes' instead of the 8 'vanes' like I see on all the photos on the vortech website. The actual inside diameter of the intake (diameter of the impellar) is 2.5" which everything I researched leads me to believe it's an s trim. The vanes also don't have much of an angle on them. A little but not like the new t trims I see on the vortech website. Could this be an s trim that was made into a t or do you think I was duped. Or this could have been how the older model were made. I don't know, I don't have any experience with superchargers.

Junior SCH Member
    I hope you are joking? It sounds like you have an A-Trim.

You could try and call Vortech with the serial #.

I tried it once and got 3 different answers.

Junior SCH Member
    Yep everything points to an A trim so I don't know if the guy made a mistake or what. I emailed him to try to get it resolved. I will call vortech Monday to make sure but I knew the blades weren't supposed to be straight when I first took it out of the box. An A trim would be totally useless on my 427. I'm never buying anything used again.