Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Renegade pulley belt clearance with water pump

Thread: Renegade pulley belt clearance with water pump

Junior SCH Member

Renegade pulley belt clearance with water pump

I am having trouble with the belt hitting the water pump pulley. Does anyone have a fix for this. Does the pump have to be replaced with a shorter shaft water pump. If so where to find and what pulley to use with it.

Junior SCH Member
    I've heard when using the 8" renegade pulley, you need to use a 93 cobra water pump pulley to clear the belt. It is supposed to have a tapered edge that clears.

Junior SCH Member
    You are the second person to mention that. Right now I don't have much more than an 1/8 of an inch between the bolts on the pump and the belt. It has also been mentioned to use a little bit longer belt to pull the slack down out of the way with the tensioner. I appreciate the reply.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Blown331hatch
    I've heard when using the 8" renegade pulley, you need to use a 93 cobra water pump pulley to clear the belt. It is supposed to have a tapered edge that clears.

Yep...Cobra WP pulley is what you need (cobra on left, stock on right):

Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

SCH Member

re pullie

you got a part number for that pullie??

no...just call ford and tell them you need a 93 cobra wp pulley or get it directly online from 5.0 resto
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Is the issue one of pulley "face" clearance between the WP pulley and the 8" blower pulley, or is it that the blower belt just ends up hella close to the WP bolts? The 2nd situation seems to be what I've seen when looking at the 2 cars that I've seen with the 8" blower pulley. Anybody have any pics of the 8" blower pulley with the Cobra WP pulley and/or the stock WP pulley?
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard

Junior SCH Member
    My broblem was a little bit of both. I still have my stock pulley on it, I have went to a longer belt. I was using a 56" belt and when tensioned down it would not pull down away from the water pump. I went to a 57.5" belt, and have the tension almost maxed out on the vortech tensioner and it clear with about a 1/4". I did experiment with making a longer tensioning bracket, and it also worked, but need to incorporate a support for it.