Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timing with 13-14 lbs of boost?

Ryan,

I am glad you received the info you needed.

To each his own some like the PMS and some prefer the chip.

Sneaky: Some of us know Bob by his alias and some do not. Please do not jump down anyones throat, especially a moderator here, as he puts in alot of time on this site helping everyone.

Bob as always thanks for the input but next time not so harsh bro :)

Thanks guys,

Ian

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Ryan,

I am glad you received the info you needed.

To each his own some like the PMS and some prefer the chip.

Sneaky: Some of us know Bob by his alias and some do not. Please do not jump down anyones throat, especially a moderator here, as he puts in alot of time on this site helping everyone.

Bob as always thanks for the input but next time not so harsh bro :)

Thanks guys,

Ian
    Ian..

where was I even a bit harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiin
    I am not interested in getting in an arguement on here, but you are SORELY mistaken.... its actually the EXACT OPPOSITE..... the chip can do about 100x more then a PMS can.. I have tuned hundreds of cars and thats not 100... I have gone 8.57 @ 158 with a PMS so i think i understand how it works..

Please do some research on SCT software before you make false statments like you did above..

Also, MAF equipped cars can compensate for weather changes through the MAF.

thanks and have a great day
    Bob Kurgan
    Nothing big Bob.. We all know you are quick, and most know you are amoung the very few that tune the big names.

We will have to wait for speedy but I do not know if he knew he was explaining it to you. Since we all know you and PMS go hand in hand my guess is he did not know.

Ian

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Nothing big Bob.. We all know you are quick, and most know you are amoung the very few that tune the big names.

We will have to wait for speedy but I do not know if he knew he was explaining it to you. Since we all know you and PMS go hand in hand my guess is he did not know.

Ian
    my point was that, unless you know the in's and out's of both systems, it would be unfair to say one is better then the other.. This is how rumors get started on the internet..

THEN, when i asked if he missed my question, i got a rude response about "go and read the manual" or something.. i never got out of line.

I wasn't jumping down his throat, just telling him to make sure he knows what he is talking about before he misleads people. A moderator should know better, but if it seemed like I was being an *** I'm sorry.
    Last edited by sneakypony; 11-13-2005 at 06:02 PM.
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Did not miss the question but it is alot to type when you can read the manual yourself. The one main difference is it is boost sensitive. I am over 500 rwhp and that is with nothing fancy and my car does not need boost to run hard since I am at full timing till I reach boost. When the weather changes so can my tune in minutes, add cam, heads, anything I just go to the handheld and in less than a minute everything is ready for the additional power. Chip you must reprogram for any changes and if it is out of the range of the parameters during normal driving your dealing with a sluggish car till the parameters that it was tuned at come back. Chips are not cheap to keep and if you like to play with cars everytime you make a change you will need a tune. Always choices and some choices are better than others.
    Might want to sit down and listen.....maybe you'll learn something........TRUST ME Bob knows the Anderson Motorsport PMS......he has ran for YEARS in NMRA Renegade...........

and btw is a Authorized SCT Dealer.......
    Last edited by REN#4106; 11-16-2005 at 02:43 PM.
    NMRA REN#4106
    B&B Racing
    COMSTOCK Motorsports
    tuned by www.Kurganmotorsports.com
    www.Vortechsuperchargers.com

That's enough for me.

Ian