Thread: 1st Impression S/T-Trim swap

Senior SCH Member

1st Impression S/T-Trim swap

So far it obviously feels better, but a few points I wanted to touch on that jumped out obviously different.
    1. Suprising still makes the same low end boost as the S-trim did
    2. Sounds about the same at idle (V-1) but hear more blower when driving
    3. Its a pretty violent supercharger when it comes on..unlike my S-trim (smoother)

Right now I'm only seeing 6psi and then by 5k it falls back off to under 5psi (very loose belt), I'm still running my S-trim tune so not taking any risk here (have learned the hard way)

All in all I am pretty happy, the car felt real strong on such low boost...but then again I havent had a supercharger on the car in a month..so take it for what it is.

I think my overall goal of making about the same power as I did on the S-trim but at a much lower impeller rpm shouldnt be a problem. I was working that S for everything it had.
    More to come in a week or so once I finish up my fuel system and re-tune the car.
    The reason for swap was my S-trim needed a rebuild, while at Vortech getting rebuilt a buddy cut me a deal on his T-Trim I couldnt pass up..but hes the smart man..loosing the belt finally

Thanks
    Chris
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Senior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member
    Your t-trim was pretty loud i like it. Does anyone know how it compares to the sound of a YSI?

Quote Originally Posted by tryme56
    Your t-trim was pretty loud i like it. Does anyone know how it compares to the sound of a YSI?
    TONS LOUDER than the YSi The YSi is less than the S-trim as well.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    Wow man, nice ride!

Sounds about the same as my coupe with a T-trim. It's not very subtle, sometimes I'm glad, other times I wish it were a little quieter. I'm very impressed with the T's performance though, the boost comes up to 14lbs at about 2700 rpm's and stays at 14-15 up to 6000. I'm sure the belt is probably slipping alot, but I'll leave it that way until I can get a Dart block.

SCH Member
    If you don't mind me asking, what cam and exhaust are you running? Sounds good.

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks guys
    Exh is 1 3/4 LTs, o/r X-pipe and flows
    Cam is a cam motion .540/.564 229.236 114

SCH Member
    Wowsers, makes me look forward to my new Dart stroker and the fresh T trim I'm gonna drop on it. Yummy!

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks man