Thread: Recipe for a big HP Fox Body

Junior SCH Member

Exclamation Recipe for a big HP Fox Body

Hey guys, new member and first post. I have a '92 LX 5.0 that has about 150,000 miles on it and it still runs good but...I will be wanting about 600rwhp. I would like to be able get the car built and then eventually go drag racing once in a while. I have been reading about stroker motors of the 347 & 331 variety and the Vortech and Procharger superchargers. I am beginning to get information overload. There doesnt seem to be too much grey area, people either love or hate whatever SC is being discussed at any given moment. I would like to keep a full interior and AC too. I want to do the build once with the right parts but not break the bank (Im not sure of the official budget, she hasnt told me yet). Can I have the best of both worlds......big HP and streetability? Thanks in advance.

SCH Member
    Combo in sig. This is a full interior street car with all power options and all accessories including a/c. It made just over 600rwhp at 13psi on 93 octane without the meth kit. Cam is .544/.576 224/230 114 hyd. roller. It's nothing excessive.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

As for the SC either get a Novi 2000 or a T-trim. (personal preference). Both will do fine making 400 rwhp or 700 rwhp. The Holley sytemax II kit is a great way to go and shouldn't break the bank. Don't forget the fuel system. MAny do it with aeromtive and it doesn't seem to be too expensive.

These should easily keep you streetable and all options, plus get you 600 rwhp when you see fit.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

a dart block is excessive....

i'm sorry but if you want that power put in a 351 put on some spray or a s/c (spray being cheaper if you don't use it too much... ask for a s/c for xmas down the road or a b-day.... dont rush it... but my opinion if i could do it all over again is i would do a stock block 351 versus my 302 based motor... food for thought friend good luck. i make well over 500 rwhp with what you want it sounds... but "alot of hassle it was", yoda says....
    -troy
    93 black gt

I agree the best bang for the buck is a 351 block. My stock short block has made 530 rwhp for thre summers and ~700 for two summers. And did i say it was stock!:shocked: Hyper pistons.

But the power can be done on a 302 based motor.

Just budget and preference.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D