Thread: Need new pump for Water injection.

Junior SCH Member

Need new pump for Water injection.

Looks like the highpressure pump from my paxton kit is bad.
    (Flows great when about 2" from water source, but when the full length of water hose, it can't prime itself that far.)

What pump should I go with? The same one from paxton/blowerworks(Carroll) is over $180.00). I saw some ShurFLo 3GPM pumps, but not sure which one to really use.. Anyone know? I know windshield washer pumps aren't strong enough.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I will look for the ShurFlo pump number but it is the one that holds 60psi and only cost $60

Quote Originally Posted by MrNuke
    Looks like the highpressure pump from my paxton kit is bad.
    (Flows great when about 2" from water source, but when the full length of water hose, it can't prime itself that far.)
    MrNuke, I have the same system from Carroll, and had a similar problem. I bought the new $180 pump and it did the same thing. Turns out the fine mesh filter, between the water bag and pump, was plugged with junk. Try taking it out of the system as a check, or replacing it before you spend bucks on a new pump. Just an idea......

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperL98
    MrNuke, I have the same system from Carroll, and had a similar problem. I bought the new $180 pump and it did the same thing. Turns out the fine mesh filter, between the water bag and pump, was plugged with junk. Try taking it out of the system as a check, or replacing it before you spend bucks on a new pump. Just an idea......
    I tried it already. I actually hooked up a 2 foot long hose directly to the water bladder and the pump still can't prime the water..... Once it gets going it's powerfull as heck, but I think the internal pump is not holding pressure to prime the water or something....

Now I have to hunt down a stock-size Corvette crank pulley, as mine is 1.5" smaller in dia than stock and I can only spool to 3.3psi...:freaks:

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah i checked Northern they only have pumps that flow at 45psi... I'll keep looking though.. :)

The pump I was thinking of was the Shurflo 2088 2.8gpm. I was thinking it was 60psi but maybe it is only 45psi. This is the common $60 pump that everyone seems to use in manufactured or home brew kits.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    The pump I was thinking of was the Shurflo 2088 2.8gpm. I was thinking it was 60psi but maybe it is only 45psi. This is the common $60 pump that everyone seems to use in manufactured or home brew kits.
    Ohh, so 45psi would be enough? I see preofessional kits that go as high as 150-200psi output..

I found a pump that flows 1.8GPM @ 100PSI, I'm thinking that should be good, no?

I went out to my RV and this pump is my secondary pump and it list on the side different ratings and it as 90psi for a burst rate @ something GPM. I can't read the GPM at the 90psi burst rate because the tag goes under the pump and not much room to read the label in the compartment that it is located. It also has a 45psi and a 60psi rating on it at so many GPM. 45psi is even a lot of pressure when your putting it out of a 1/8" hose and a jet. Do a search on this topic at boards like TurboDodge or the TurboMustang sites because these guys been building these kits for 10 years. I am using the 2088 pump with no problem but not sure what would be equal to the old pump your using. Everyone of these pumps must have different ratings at different GPM.

Junior SCH Member
    Cool.. Ill order it over the weekend then...