Thread: gt40 intake vs. trick flow r series box intake?

SCH Member

gt40 intake vs. trick flow r series box intake?

i have a 408 that i'm getting ready to put victor jr heads on, and then my vr4 supercharger. People have been telling me that my gt40 intake is not a good intake for my big motor, so i've been looking and saw the trick flow r series box intake. Is it worth the extra money to buy that intake or will the gt40 be fine.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    408 is to big for the GT40 at over 3400rpm. The Victor or the TFS-R is a much better choice and a 75mm Throttle Body also matched to the intake.

Quote Originally Posted by 94gt-sn2000
    i have a 408 that i'm getting ready to put victor jr heads on, and then my vr4 supercharger. People have been telling me that my gt40 intake is not a good intake for my big motor, so i've been looking and saw the trick flow r series box intake. Is it worth the extra money to buy that intake or will the gt40 be fine.

I'm sure the TFS Box intake/ R lower would work good with your cubic inch....I do believe it comes in a 351w.......
    NMRA REN#4106
    B&B Racing
    COMSTOCK Motorsports
    tuned by www.Kurganmotorsports.com
    www.Vortechsuperchargers.com

FWIW

I have just sold my port & polished GT-40 Lower & Downs upper since I felt it was hurting me. :weird:

Probably will go with the Victor 5.8 or TFS-R as well.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    FWIW

I have just sold my port & polished GT-40 Lower & Downs upper since I felt it was hurting me. :weird:

Probably will go with the Victor 5.8 or TFS-R as well.

Or maybe even a Reichard box upper and a TFS-R lower......just an idea......
    NMRA REN#4106
    B&B Racing
    COMSTOCK Motorsports

Or a TFS Box-R if your going to be running high RPM's and a big cowl:shocked:

As for me I won't be high enough. Did consider this and a RR one though.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Im probably goin to go with a trick flow box or a r lower and rr box too. Do you think its worth the extra money to have the upper and lower water cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by demon89gt
    Im probably goin to go with a trick flow box or a r lower and rr box too. Do you think its worth the extra money to have the upper and lower water cooled.

Anything to cool the air going into the motor will help.....I beleive its only the lower though
    NMRA REN#4106
    B&B Racing
    COMSTOCK Motorsports

Junior SCH Member
    I know the lower can be cooled but i thought i read something bout being able to cool the box too.