Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which heads

Junior SCH Member

which heads

building a 438 with either a t-trim or ysi. Im looking at 3 different heads. brodix track 1 225s tw 205s or maybe even tw r 235s. How important is it for the exaust to flow well with a supercharger?

Junior SCH Member
    anyone? maybe i should have been a little more detailed. This is goin to be more of a street/show car. Its goin to see the track just a couple times a year. Well its a dart block 4.125 bore 4.1 stroke. Im trying to decide which heads so i can tell bennett how to make my pistons. Trying to keep the compression down goin with a big dished pistons and bigger cc heads.

Senior SCH Member
    Keep it simple then, pick up some AFR 225's.

Junior SCH Member
    Not lookin at the afrs cuz they have too small cambers. all the heads im lookin at are 65-68 cc heads. Trying to keep the compression down.

Senior SCH Member
    go with the Brodix then 225 available up to 80cc chamber

www.brodix.com

The TFS R's should smoke the others you mentioned. But is 100% max horsepower needed? Box Stock R heads would do what you need them to.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Ok so tea tws r 225 head and the bodix track 1 225s are the same price. They flow simular on the intake but the R heads flow better on the exaust. How important is it for the exaust to flow? Wondering if its worth the extra money to spend on headers?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demon89gt
    Ok so tea tws r 225 head and the bodix track 1 225s are the same price. They flow simular on the intake but the R heads flow better on the exaust. How important is it for the exaust to flow? Wondering if its worth the extra money to spend on headers?
    There is one known problem with the tfs and that is the combustion chamber cracking around the spark plug area. Also if you ever wanted to put shaft rockers on, it is easier with the Brodix since they are an inline head. Then you have the header issue with the TFS.

Quote Originally Posted by demon89gt
    Not lookin at the afrs cuz they have too small cambers. all the heads im lookin at are 65-68 cc heads. Trying to keep the compression down.
    Ford Performance Solutions makes a head called the Avenger, comes in 70cc and is very reasonable, they are fully CNC'd too. I put a set on my car that do not have the CNC done, and put out 510 rwhp and over 510rwtq with a S-Trim 347. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

Senior SCH Member
    The avenger head is just a sub name that FPS uses. These heads are really Canfields.

If you are really serious about picking heads up contact Ed Curtis
    www.flowtechinduction.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrtbolt64
    There is one known problem with the tfs and that is the combustion chamber cracking around the spark plug area. Also if you ever wanted to put shaft rockers on, it is easier with the Brodix since they are an inline head. Then you have the header issue with the TFS.
    I thought this was just with the re-issue High Ports?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member
    Ok i decided on which heads i want now i need to pick the blower. I talked to brian at tea and decided to wait for the new cnc tw R 225s from trick flow. Since i decided on that now which s/c? I was looking at mainly vortechs but thinkin bout maybe a procharger. So what do you think YSI or F1R? Im wanting to keep my p/s i know i can do that with a passanger side YSI but ive been told that with the procharger i can just move it over to the other side with their relocation bracket.

What are your goals for this combo?

Junior SCH Member
    High horsepower. And to run atleast a 10. Being more of a show car id like to be able to show a high dyno number. And put drag wheels on it and run good at the track.

You certainly don't need anything more than a T-trim to run 10's and an S-trim will get you there but it won't give the lofty dyno #'s. If you want dyno numbers make sure it is a 5-speed. Pump gas? If you're going for a race gas tune you'll have no problem making low 9 second power with the heads and blowers you listed.