Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which heads

Junior SCH Member
    Ill actually be using a gforce t56. Do you think it will be possible to make 1000 rwhp with either the ysi or f1r? I was shooting for ten being it a manual car and running drs.

Junior SCH Member
    Oh and this will be tuned for both race and pump gas using AEM

1000 HP at the wheels is a LOT of HP. Not sure either of those blowers will do that. I'm thinking you need something more along the lines of a XX trim Vortech or an F2R Procharger. Course if you're basically building a show car and only looking for 10's, then building, tuning and maintaining a 1000 RWHP motor seems like over kill to me. I'll probably get shelled for saying this in a Supercharger forum, but if you have your heart set on a 1000 RWHP street car, IMO you'd get there quicker and easier with a turbo. Them's my 2 cents.
    1988 Mustang LX Vortech Supercharged
    546 RWHP/525 RWTQ
    Yippie-kiyah Muthafuka! - Bruce Willis, Die Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Racer LX
    1000 HP at the wheels is a LOT of HP. Not sure either of those blowers will do that. I'm thinking you need something more along the lines of a XX trim Vortech or an F2R Procharger. Course if you're basically building a show car and only looking for 10's, then building, tuning and maintaining a 1000 RWHP motor seems like over kill to me. I'll probably get shelled for saying this in a Supercharger forum, but if you have your heart set on a 1000 RWHP street car, IMO you'd get there quicker and easier with a turbo. Them's my 2 cents.
    Werd.........With the F1 you have lots of growing room for sure. Don't get too caught up with numbers. You'll play hell ever getting 700rwhp to hook at the track as it is. For a stick/DR (which typically dosen't produce 10 second 60' times in a street car) you'll have to spend some change on the suspension as well.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah i plan on taking it up to team z and having it mini tubed a cage fuel cell....The drs im talkin bout would be m/t 325 50 15s. this isnt goin to be your normal street car. Once its done with the supension i plan on ordering a set of 18x12 hre and run 345 in the back for shows and cruises. If i dont make 1000 rwhp its not that big of a deal just wondering if you thought it would be possible with a f1r or ysi. As for turbos i was thinkin bout that too. Maybe some twin t76s. This car has been my baby for along time and now that i have the money im goin to do it right.

SCH Member
    of all the heads you listed, I would at MINIMUM run the TW R's. this is a big motor, it needs a big head. IMO, 1000 is possible if built right with enough blower......
    93 notch-s-trim@11 p.s.i.,twisted wedge,GT-40,comp,306-pump gas only-10.93@129.7 on bfg drag radials--10.64@127.5 on ET drags
    548rwhp/502 rwtq

new 340" procharged combo in the works

either one of those blowers on the motor you are describing will get you deep into the 8 second zone...even on drag radials.....but personaly id have to go with the vortech...
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    I was lookin at a car on the corral and he has a 408 with a f2 and he is running 6.1s at 117 in the 8th on 17 inch drs. His is cogged and he drives it on the street. Thinking that might be the way to go. I think on race gas with cogs Ill be able to get my high numbers i want. My car should have a little more tire than his and supension. So i think 9s will be in sight.