Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final # are in

Senior SCH Member
    Awesome hope i can see close to those #s with my T
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

SCH Member
    If u have any questions when its going together let me know. So how hard have u pushed stk ford blocks.

Senior SCH Member
    600rw + so far
    Last edited by eades5.0; 11-27-2005 at 02:40 PM.

SCH Member

Thumbs up

Are u running just lower main support are are u running the upper one also that goes in the oil valley. How long have u been running it at that level.

Senior SCH Member
    Just a girdle
    450rw for 3 years
    540 for 2 years
    and the current #s for about 4mo, but that was on the S-trim..we'll see how the T does

SCH Member
    Wow impressive. Thats how mine started it was just going to be a 331 N/A and then it was just going to be a S-trim with 12 lbs of boost but now its a cogged T-trim. Still have the stk blk also. Im running the lower Main support and the oil valley girdle supports also. High horsepower makes them and there pretty cool. They support the area were most of the 302 blks crack. If I knew I was going this far though I would have def put a good blk in it because now im afraid if it lets go it going to dump water on back tires and we all know what happens next. Im hoping if it does break that all I get is a drop in oil pres. I have talked to alot of guys who have broken them and most didnt even new it happened except that they loss oil press. In all the cases the internal parts were all saved. I do have a Forged crank with H-beam rods and Probe pistons so at least the internals are there. Its funny when I start thinking about it there is actually alot I need. My rearend has mosier 31 spline axles with a spool but when I got my torque # I called mosier and they said with a 3.55 gear and 3.27 first gear in trans and 608 ft lbs of torque I have 7600 lbs of torque and the axles are rated for 7000 so now I have to get 33 splines that are good to 8600 so that has to be done and im no longer able to powershift my tremec im going to have to speed shift or get off the gas when I shift wich is still quik but its not like banging gears with your foot to the wood. If I did power shift there is no way the tremec rated for 400 ft lbs is going to take it so either a TKO 600 is next or a powerglide. Like the old saying goes welcome to racing. In my cars in the past I have allways overbuilt them and thats allways worked very well for me this is the first car were I cut some corners to save some money and now im regretting it. Oh well. Im about to go drive the stang today for the first time since I got her back from the dyno because the weather has been crap here but its supposed to be 42 and sunny today in Chitown so well she how she feels.

Senior SCH Member
    Yah seems we have alot in common, I also never planned to get this far or would have bought a block long ago, but this damn block has been a trooper so if it aint broke dont fix it I say. I stuffed mine with all 4340 stuff as well and hope for the drop in press like you when it goes so i can re-use these internals. As for the rear I'm on 28 mosers but when I'm launchin I'm not makin that much power, all mine is way up in the rpms like yourself so I'm not stressin that to much, as for the tranny I run a TKO600, love that thing to.
    You use any instant messengers?
    Chris

SCH Member
    Sorry no instant messinger AND i HAVE WORSE NEWS I JUST CRACKED MY BLOCK, I was driving the car it felt great took a buddy for a ride. I started off slow shifted into 2nd and brought it up to 3000 and hit it,went into 3rd again brought it up to 6000 and went to 4th by this time were going to fast for the street so I get out of it and look down at my oil pres and I lost about 2/3 of my pres I then look in my rear view mirror and the smoke is so bad I cant even see the street. My temp gauge never moved so I was only about 1 mile from my house so I milked it home with low oil pres and parked it in my garage. I have oil going into my exhaust on both sides so oil is getting into the combustion chambers and its heavy enough that its dripping off of my turndowns on my exhaust. I can see it being anything but a cracked block. Damn ! What do you think or anyone else think.

Senior SCH Member
    Damn man...any nosies?

SCH Member
    No noise at all

:shocked: Only 4 days of fun...That SUCK!

I wanna see some pics when you get it apart!:D
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I have enjoyed this thread! That is a sick, sick combo! Is it time for Eades to change the signature?

Opps hit the wrong button
    Last edited by BLOWNBY; 11-28-2005 at 10:07 AM.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by 93gt
    Is it time for Eades to change the signature?
    Yeah right after he changes the pullies!:teeth:
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by 93gt
    Is it time for Eades to change the signature?

Isn't it time for you to change the S-trim.....I believe that what those OLD things are called:D :obscene:

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Ill go the 2006 season with the antique S trim. I will look into the 10 rib with the Renegade strut though. (seeing how I can swap it over to one of them new fangled units!)
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com