Thread: What do you guys think?

Banned by Admin

What do you guys think?

Okay, the car is back together, and scheduled for the dyno apr. 5th. I'm getting an autologic chip with the tune, I just wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions as to anything I should take with me, because its 2 hours away. I am trailering it down, and plan on taking a couple pullies with me. For sure a bigger crank pully, but I guess I'm gonna void my warranty if I change the blower pully. Right now its the 3.33,6.87. My questions really are that since I haven't really got on it hard since replacing the head gaskets, how much boost should I be seeing right now? It does have a power pipe besides the mods in my sig, but I only see 5-6 without hammering it. I just want to be prepared when its dyno day, but I don't want any more then 10-11 pounds. 7 in crank for sure, but blower, 3.12 or 2.95? Help me out guys, my goal is 400 rwhp, and still trying to let the motor live awhile (70,000 on stock bottom end), is this realistic?

Banned by Admin
    Sorry I forgot to mention that it might be my blower belt isn't tight enough. I'll probably buy one of those tensioners somebody is selling on here before I go too. Thanks fellas -Rob

Senior SCH Member
    WIth the power pipe, belt nice and tight...when I had the stock cobra longblock...the 3.33/6.87 pulley set-up made 10-11lbs of boost....and with the 2.95/6.87 pulley set-up it made 13-14lbs. So if your wanting to stay around 10lbs of boost, then you should be fine with the 3.33/6.87. Also, I would call the shop that is doing the dyno tune, and ask them if there is anything you need to bring also...like meter flow sheets (if you have a Pro-M), or anything else. 400rwhp shouldn't be a problem.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

Banned by Admin
    Thanks Troy, the flow sheet is in my glovebox already. By the way, I'm living with my vibration, everyone seems to think its my prothane mounts, so oh well. If its not, and the engine grenades, it'll be time for a bulletproof 331.

Senior SCH Member
    I like your thinking!

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com