Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Those with Coilovers Come-in

Thread: Those with Coilovers Come-in

Senior SCH Member

Those with Coilovers Come-in

I have been playing with diff rate springs ever since I installed this AJE kmember about 6-7mo ago and havent found a rate that makes me happy. Basically I'm after the same bad *** transfer my eibach drags gave me, I started with a 12/200 (someone recc me) which was way way to stiff, then went to a 14/175 which didnt transfer well enuff for me, and I now run a 14/130 which hasnt impressed me all that much either. I havent raced with the 14/130s but I know with the eibachs if i pulled up on the rad support the car would fly up, these springs do not do that.
    Still the same 90/10 no front sway setup

Do i need to not judge them like this, is anyone elses coilover feel stiff this way but perform great at the track?
    My jamnut is about 1/2 way up, I have no coil bind and its a 3300lb car w/o me.

These fuckers are super loud also when turning'
    Thanks for the help guys
    Chris
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Senior SCH Member
    I guess they will never "feel" like the eibachs did I'm starting to think
    Also I'm still running the eibach drag springs outback

Alotta people thought the 130 would be to soft, but heres the pic and I have no coil bind as you can see, the car has about a 2" gap between fender and tire, its not to low imop

Quote Originally Posted by eades5.0

These fuckers are super loud also when turning'

Chris
    YIKES that one got through!:laugh:
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    haha, yah its super annoy

I would stay with the 14" 130 with your setup. I have as well noticed that they don't seem to "fly" up like the Eibach's I had as well. They will perform great though. I have 14" 150's and have a 351 in front and 3500# car:shocked: . My coils are a little closer than yours so the 150's is as low for me.

I also had the Eibach rear springs with the coilover and all was well. I qwent to strange adjustables as well. But when I put the anti roll bar in I went to stock GT springs and cut them to get the lowered look I like.

Also do you have CC plates?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D