Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SC Pulley Setup

Thread: SC Pulley Setup

Junior SCH Member

SC Pulley Setup

I am thinking about buying a vortech sc trim supercharger that produces 5-6lbs of boost. My question is can I change the pulley setup to produce more boost and if I can what size pulleys should I go with. Car facts; DSS 308 with Holley Systemax Top end kit(heads, cam, intake.etc...) 255 fuel pump and I have a set of 42lb injectors, and a 4-bank SCT chip. Im looking for about 9-10lbs of boost. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The base kits usually come with a 3.33 on the blower and a 6.87 pulley on the crank. You can change the blower pulley with a smaller pulley or the crank pulley with a large pulley and it will add more boost. They make 3.12, 3.00, 2.95, 2.75, etc blower pulleys and 7.25" and 8" crank pulleys to accomplish this.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member

SC trim

Eric if I were to buy the kit and change out the pulleys do you have any idea on how much boost I would be a ble to run on that supercharger? Is the SC trim supercharger(5-6lbs) the same as the S-trim that runs 8-10lbs of boost just with a diferent pulley setup or are the 2 superchargers different all together? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by RdRunnr
    The base kits usually come with a 3.33 on the blower and a 6.87 pulley on the crank. You can change the blower pulley with a smaller pulley or the crank pulley with a large pulley and it will add more boost. They make 3.12, 3.00, 2.95, 2.75, etc blower pulleys and 7.25" and 8" crank pulleys to accomplish this.