Thread: I cant believe it but it happened

SCH Member

I cant believe it but it happened

Well just got the car back from the dyno and took the car out for the first time and it felt great. So I decide im going to take my buddy for a ride that I promised him. I go into fist easy and then into 2nd gear and bring it up to 3000 and hit it,car gets a little sideways not bad so I drive threw it and shift into 3rd at 6000 and again I wind it out car is pulling like a raped ape and I go into 4th and then I get out of it because were going over 100 and im on the street. I look down at my oil pres and I lost 2/3 of my pres damn! I then look in the rear view mirror and the smoke is so bad I cant even see the street, so im only a mile from my house so I milk it home with low oil pres my temp gauge never moves still in the 170 range and roll into the garage. I look under my car and I can see oil dripping from my exhaust turndowns so I know im getting oil in my combustion chambers but the car ran fine except for a drop in oil pres and very slight vibration so im thinking I cracked my block what do you guys think. You can see what kind of motor I have in the post below My final numbers

Yep, That doesnt sound good. Consider yourself lucky that you didnt get anything on your tires at that speed.

That really sucks cause you just got the car finished. Tear it apart and let us know what you find.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

SCH Member
    Yea its hard to think about it now im frustrated. I want to make sure everyone knows I wasnt being a jerk and driving down a main street. We have a back road here that we use to test and tune no other traffic on the road.