Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ASP 50mm Cog for Novi2000 (Pictures)

Thread: ASP 50mm Cog for Novi2000 (Pictures)

ASP 50mm Cog for Novi2000 (Pictures)

I received my ASP 50mm cog setup today. Here are pics. Thanks Bob for the advice. Once again I'm very happy with the quality from ASP as well as RCD Engineering.

ASP 60mm wide 73 tooth gated crank pulley
    ASP 50mm wide idler
    ASP 50mm wide gates belt
    RCD 57mm wide blower pulley

I figure other people might be interested in doing this possibly. The accessory drive is standard ford size. I believe you can get an underdriven size in another tooth but you would have to call ASP. The other part in the pictures is a crank pulley spacer.

Very nice! What do you expect for boost?

Ian

No real guesses, I've been trying to calculate what I want the max impeller speed to be really. Don't want to overspin. Might have to step down to a 36 blower pulley. Just have to play with the tune and see what I can get.

Those are the most beautiful pulleys I've ever seen. The couch isn't too bad either.:D
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Hey Hustler, glad to see you choose ASP pulleys. They use the highest quality materials and their work is second to none. The pulleys are a lot lighter than they look for their size. I am very happy with my setup too!

How high do you want to rev your engine? My engine is going to rev around 5500 to 5800. My max impeller speed will be just below 5500 and I will be pushing it a bit at 5800. I went with 77 crank and 27 blower.
    that is a 2.85 ratio 2.85x3.54x5500=55489.5
    2.85 pulley ratio x 3.54 blower ratio x5800 engine =58516.2 impeller speed.

I forgot there are multiple bobs on here :) Bob Kurgan gave me the advice on the 50mm setup. I think he was under the impression that I ran a renegade setup though as I never told him which. The Vortech mondo crank might work when shimmed with that setup but the accessory to cog teeth gap just wouldn't work for a passenger mount bracket. So in the end I had asp make it. They were really easy to deal with since obviously they already make a cog setup for a paxton passenger mount at 35mm, they just enlarged the cog area, and I just specified I wanted it gated.

Bob ya they are pretty light. Comparatively though the RCD Engineering Pulleys are lighter. I had an all ASP 35mm kit and the RCD's are lighter. The ASP pulleys were sturdier though. The one advantage of the RCD pulleys is there are 3 hubs you can buy, one with the paxton keyway, vortech keyway, and procharger keyway. Then you just buy the outer rings with the teeth that will work with any hub. So if you want to change later to another size pulley you just buy another ring for half the price of a whole new pulley. Obviously if more people running cogs bought these we could all make trades, even between different blowers. Economically it just makes more sense.

Junior SCH Member

hey

Originally posted by Hustler
    I forgot there are multiple bobs on here :) Bob Kurgan gave me the advice on the 50mm setup. I think he was under the impression that I ran a renegade setup though as I never told him which. The Vortech mondo crank might work when shimmed with that setup but the accessory to cog teeth gap just wouldn't work for a passenger mount bracket. So in the end I had asp make it. They were really easy to deal with since obviously they already make a cog setup for a paxton passenger mount at 35mm, they just enlarged the cog area, and I just specified I wanted it gated.

Bob ya they are pretty light. Comparatively though the RCD Engineering Pulleys are lighter. I had an all ASP 35mm kit and the RCD's are lighter. The ASP pulleys were sturdier though. The one advantage of the RCD pulleys is there are 3 hubs you can buy, one with the paxton keyway, vortech keyway, and procharger keyway. Then you just buy the outer rings with the teeth that will work with any hub. So if you want to change later to another size pulley you just buy another ring for half the price of a whole new pulley. Obviously if more people running cogs bought these we could all make trades, even between different blowers. Economically it just makes more sense.
    Glad I could help.... Been there, done that and I have no problem sharing my trial and error...

cya bob