Thread: Sandblast pullies

Senior SCH Member

Sandblast pullies

Anyone one here do any tricks to help there pullies grip, like sand/bead Blast?
    I have done the VHT and Gascacinch on the belt with my 8-rib setup, but was thinkin of goin a step further on my new 10rib setup.
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Supposedly you can bead blast. It will make for a lot more belt dust as well.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    Yeah good point, how much slip issue did u have with the 10rib

Not enough that I blasted it. Can't really measure slip:laugh: though unless you can run a cog setup with the same size and then a serp and see the difference.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    Well i mean the boost wasnt fallin off in the higher rpms right

I know! LOL I noticed basically 2-3 psi increase with each smaller size pulley. Not drop off in boost. Consistent as well at the track.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    I have been running bead blasted pulleys now for about the last year and a half. It definitely makes the belt grip better. I run the 8" crank pulley with the blasted blower pulley. Belt dust? YEAH!!! Well at least at first. Once the belt wears into the groove of the blasted pulley there is no more dust than an unblasted pulley. I would say I have to retighten the belt about 3 times at first and then it is good to go. I highly recommend this option to making the belt grab better.